Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #21 
rosy delta

you pay shipping twice, once from Thailand, once from the transhipper. some of them allow you to pick your fish up, if you live close enough to make it economical.
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #22 
logisticsguy

My AB order from Thailand arrived to my house in Canada about 2 weeks ago. All arrived alive and are very beautiful. I ordered 8 fish from ttbetta. Very good to deal with and the transhipper Hung Pham was quick. One of my fish Superman was stressed from travel ,lost most of his color and had nipped his fins. Lots of TLC and he is back to full color and very happy now. This wasnt a cheap process but I have some great fish. Waiting a few weeks before I do any spawns with them but looking forward to it. I will post some pics soon.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #23 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharStarr View Post
Im having trouble finding sellers in Canada, I live in Toronto and I was hoping to buy from someone in the same country or heck even province. I've noticed a good portion of sellers won't ship/sell internationally. Do you recommend or know any Canadian sellers?

Elitebetta and TheDarkPlakat on youttube sell bettas and TheDarkPlakat is in ontario
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #24 
Pippin

I know this thread is ancient, but i have a question and I'm putting it here in case anyone checks it. How would shipping bettas from Aquabid to Alaska work? This is in case I can ever get one from there.
Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #25 
Bailmint

Yeah, I just got two bettas from aquabid, and this is mostly correct. Transhipping and handling costs vary from different transhippers-but that's mostly accurate and average. I'm using the transhipper Jesse, I was going to use Linda but she never responded.
Anyone ever used Jesse?
His transhipping is $20+$4.50 per splenden, just putting that out there, I didn't go through the comments so someone else may have said this.

Also leebunbetta.com is a good seller, they sell on aquabid [Fishfoodonline?] also but I prefer getting from their site because their site has them cheaper than their sales on aquabid. But it's the same process, different website.
Bailmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:40 PM   #26 
Bailmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
I know this thread is ancient, but i have a question and I'm putting it here in case anyone checks it. How would shipping bettas from Aquabid to Alaska work? This is in case I can ever get one from there.
I'm guessing the same way-it gets shipped to your house mostly xD.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #27 
SkyDye

I was reading this for future reference and the only part that confuses me is the transhipping thing. Does the fish get shipped from the transhippers to your house, local post office, UPS store? Where does it go to and do you have to contact the transhipper with your details before you purchase the fish and request that they are sent through that specific transhipper? I'm so confused :-/
SkyDye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #28 
Bailmint

Buy the fish, contact your chosen transhipper asking for a quote on the price, contact the seller on which transhipper you chose, and the transipper and seller will work out shipping and shipping dates with eachother. Pay quickly-the quicker the pay the faster the shipping usually. They won't ship until paid. The seller will send the fish to the transhipper along with a lot of other fish shipments for other people, then the transhipper will package him/her up in a box with heat or cold pack and stuff, then ship it to your house.

If you want to leave out or add in a heat pack, contact the transhipper.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #29 
SkyDye

Ohhh I see. Is it true that bettas from breeders are often in better health and have a longer life then pet store bettas? If I was to order is have to make sure to be home for those specific days as I would hate if the fish was sitting outside my front door for a long time.
SkyDye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:22 AM   #30 
Bailmint

Not sure-just got my first mail order Bettas last month. It could be debatable-since sometimes there is a lot of inbreeding involved (sometimes not). I'm sure keeping Bettas in cups can cause some internal and sometimes external damage-in that case, yes from breeders they're healthier. But they're definitely higher quality from breeders.

If your temperatures where you live aren't extreme, they should be fine, but it is a good decision to stay home the day they're supposed to arrive.