Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #1 
nel3

movies in cinemas: 3D or 2D?

it seems all the craze in the movie cinema is the 3D and extra speakers/motion seat (where availble). do any people here dislike the 3D craze or like it alot?

i personally dont like the 3d experience. the glasses are standard size but the images seem to be a bit shrunken down for the 3d effect. i dont wear glasses of any sort but the 3d movies hurt my eyes a bit with the glasses on. i recently saw Dredd 3d and i saw 75% of the move without the glasses on. i did put them on when there were some particlarly fast scene ie car chases but i mostly saw the rest in a slightly blurry image quality. i dont think watching a movie in doubles isnt the best for the eyes but its much easier on mine at this point in time. 3d car chases seen without the glasses are harder than watching with glasses imo. i prefer to see movies in 2d as old as it sounds but if it aint broken then dont try to fix it.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #2 
thekinetic

I hate 3d, they have ruined more movies with it that would have otherwise been good. Especially when they always add those cheesey scenes where they intentionally do something toward the camera, it's just so B-movie.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #3 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
I hate 3d, they have ruined more movies with it that would have otherwise been good. Especially when they always add those cheesey scenes where they intentionally do something toward the camera, it's just so B-movie.
i just wished they had Dredd in a 2d format. not that much plot but alot of action. i loved Avatar in 3d but that was when it was "new" again ie the return of 3d format films. there was a market for 3d films 20-30 yrs ago (not sure of date) but they went back to 2d intil recent years.

though the worst thing they're doing with 3d movies now is re-relasing original 2d films in 3d. thats just a blatant cash grab on their part. they love the saying "you can never have enough copies/formats of the same movie." i can understand the current blu ray re-release obssesion (ie Nemo 3d or movies a few years old) these days but its a notch below the classic movie re-releases.

regarding B movies, i love them. not the biggest fan but there a a few occasions i avoid them at all costs. lots of cult classics in the Bmovie categorie i like.

Last edited by nel3; 10-01-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #4 
thekinetic

Actually I love B movies too, I was saying it's unbecoming of big bucks movies.

I do hate remakes to begin with and when they do a poor job of it, it infuriates me. When they re-released "13 ghosts" (originally in 3d heh) I thought it was going to be great and then the blood bath started. Since then I take a few peeks of re-released movies via clips on the internet but have yet to see one that is as good as the original.

Also since theaters love to gouge their prices anyways......DANG YOU $8 POP CORN.......I've stopped going for all but the most interesting films. Instead choosing to watch them via pirated internet feed. And so far the only movies I've seen that are worth seeing are "Prometheus" and "Paranorman", but the latter doesn't count because Tim Burton films are always delightfully dark and twisted.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #5 
nel3

B movies are like a big bag full of gold nuggets mixed in with equal amounts of iron pyrite. some movies i loved. some i despised yet still watched most of those train wrecks. those horrible B films do have value in watching to see how bad they are but it dont change the fact they can stink horribly.

i still go the cinemas but only the intersting ones and those i deem arent too overhyped ie Inception, that super hero movie with that god like powers guy that came from the blueman group. i do see the half the big ticket movies, some i forget to watch and wait for DVD to come out ie Redtails.

i dont do pirated films anymore but they're fair game aslong as they're on free film content sites like youtube.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #6 
Jupiter

I've never really seen the appeal of 3D, plus it always makes my head hurt.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #7 
RoxieStClaire

I HATE the 3d effect. Its over-priced, and since the glasses never sit well on my face it's just very disorienting. It's holodecks or nothing for me, now.
RoxieStClaire is offline   Reply With Quote