Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #1 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Went to petsmart & Wal-mart today!!! :DDDD[LONG POST C:]

First, I went to petsmart and pet/played with the kitties for a few minutes :3 <3

Then it was time to get back to business. lol
I got a bunch of stuff so Ciroc should be healing well and happy whenever I set it up. Here is the list :D

~API 5 in 1 aquarium test trips[4]

~Marina Betta Submersible heater[realized when I got home it's for 1/2-1 1/2 Gal. But I think i would be fine since the temps are normally at 78-80 86 when I do changes.

~Top fin live plan bulbs [water lily, water onion, aponogeton]

~Top fin small live aquatic plant [Water wisteria! :D]

~Some frozen blood worms[ How many should I feed him along with pellets?]

~[Could I use this? I should have read it before I bought it but I could always bring it back.] CaribSea Ocean direct Caribbean Live Sand[5 lbs]
It says it Preserves up to 1000x more living bacteria than other methods, proven to reduce Nitrates

THEN!!!!!

I went to wallmart <3

I went straight to the fish department, was looking at the decorations and such then fish tanks [ Which were disgusting with fish eating the dead ones!]
And then the betta fish. Those poor betta fish that deserve better care more than people themselves...
Last time I went, after I got Ciroc, the batch he was with was wiped out so this time they had a new batch and the poor things were in water so low they barely had any room to move but enough to breathe so I took it into my own hands and put more water in each of their cups....

Out of Ithe corner of my eye...

She was there, just staring at me all wide eyed and blue.....

And I grabbed her and put her in my basket and gave the rest of the bettas some pellets then headed towards the checkout line on a mission, A mission only I [from my knowledge about this specific Wal-mart] would have done...

I asked to speak with the manager but of course was too busy so he sent someone else -.-

And I told them how concerned I was about them and they need to do something about it instead of just neglecting them and letting people waste their hard earned money to just buy something that will eventually die because your employee didn't do their damn job.

Thats enough about that, I did what I had to do but I'm still angry about it though i know there isn't much to do except for what you can. I guess that's what matters the most, doing whats in your power because you want to and noone sees why because it doesn't do anything for you but in reality, they have noooooo idea. I am so proud of myself and I know you all will be too once you see this post! <3

This forum inspired me to do that, opened my eyes enough to see I should have and I feel awesome about myself for doing it and so glad I got a Siamese fighting fish because they are fighters and they will fight for their life till their very last breath........

I'm going to post picture of the only female betta that was there today and is so beautiful and majestic looking. I'm definitely going to need help identifying what type she is, I've never seen a female like her before.
She has a blue gray-ish body[more gray than blue and fins more blue than grey except for her top fin which is clear almost and has black spots???

Any ideas? I'll get picures ASAP!

Not sure where to put her........
I put the container up to the tank so Ciroc can see and he flared a few seconds then seen me and swam towards me, good sign? If they get along could I house them together? [I do mean after Ciroc is fin rot free!]
If not I'll find something for her temporarily. I'm so excited and so grateful for this forum! <3
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #2 
otter

ahh!!
also
I usually feed them just bloodworms with no pellets and then the next day i feed pellets
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #3 
Creat

I'm glad you were inspired to do something, no males and females cant be housed together at all unless breeding but onto better stuff lets see some pictures! She will do fine in a set up like your males but females can be housed together so if you decide to get a ten gal or more for her she could have other female friends. I wouldnt reccomend salt water sand for the freshwater tank different bacteria live in salt water then fresh so it will end up dying and cause a ammonia spike (not good). I also rotate food pellets one day few bloodworms the next, they are not to picky. And the fact your male flared means he is feeling better although not completely most healthy males go crazy when they see a female although I have had some very laid back males...
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #4 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

sed iAre you sure about the sand? I came across this forum and found this...

http://usafishbox.forumotion.com/t66...reshwater-tank

I think it would be okay if I rinse really good and it might even help his fin rot along with the plants.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #5 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Does anyone have anything to say?
I'm rinsing the sand now. It came with Bio-magnet clarifier. . .i says add dose to jar of aquarium water, mix, then add slowly.
I supposedly clears water fast.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #6 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

pictures soon!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #7 
OrangeAugust

Aww, my girl had spots on her dorsal fin too.
I wanna see pics!
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #8 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAugust View Post
Aww, my girl had spots on her dorsal fin too.
I wanna see pics!
I was taking pictures last night then my battery died :/ it will be worth the wait c:
Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #9 
dbockrath

Just a warning, throw out any of those bulbs that haven't sprouted in a couple of weeks. There was a post here about someone having a sick fish because decomposing bulbs messed up the water.
dbockrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #10 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbockrath View Post
Just a warning, throw out any of those bulbs that haven't sprouted in a couple of weeks. There was a post here about someone having a sick fish because decomposing bulbs messed up the water.
ThAnk you so much for telling me that! I would have never known!
How long does it normally take for them to grow? or does it depend?

One I got about a week and a half ago[probably not even] started sprouting and growing pretty fast!