Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #41 
Leeniex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
To be honest, I personally think you should maybe go up to her and say something like: "oh you have a betta! he's really pretty, they're such great pets, I've had them for a few years! Feel free if you need to ask me anything, I'll be happy to help"

...and leave it at that. If she doesn't ask for your help, then I think you should mind your own business (not in a rude way!). A lot of people (sometimes displayed on this forum here) don't like to be told they are doing something wrong. However if presented with an offer to help, they may or may not come to you depending on how much your boss actually cares for them.

In the end it is HER pet and HER responsibility. You shouldn't threaten your job and boss-employee relationship over something like this.
Yes!
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #42 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
It IS overreacting. If someone left an anonymous care sheet on my desk I'd probably laugh about it. Flipping out over it is silly.

It's good that you wouldn't let it upset you, but I don't think feeling insulted for it would be overreacting. It actually is insulting, in my opinion. If you can't be straight forward enough to either talk to them about it in a friendly manner, or suggest some tips of a forum... then you should just let it go. An anonmous fact sheet is like "hey dope! since you can't take care of a 2" fish, and I don't want to get in trouble for telling you how, here... read up! you don't know it's from me, so no problems, right?"

That's how it could come across for a lot of people. Slipping things to them anonymously represents embarassment, either an anonymous love letter, or an anonymous "take care of your freak'n fish" sheet. And if someone felt the only way to give me advise was in secret, it would upset me.

I still say suggesting the forum and casual conversation is the best option, and if you can let them know what's considered ideal for betta care in a friendl conversation that would be great too... but don't do anything secret or sneaky, because some people may find it to be sill... most people find it to come across as telling your boss she's unapproachable (having been in management and teaching, that was the last thing in the world someone in authority would want)
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #43 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

It is my method was merly a back up. I know I would read a paper on a desk of mine.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #44 
SnowySurface

So....Is anyone else curious how it went with the boss? I know it's just me being nosy, but I'm wondering if the OP ever did follow any of our advise. XD
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #45 
JadeAngel

I agree... I'm curious how it turned out too.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #46 
Pilot00

+1
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #47 
dragonscalecrowntail02

I would tell her that winter is coming around, and as well as keeping herself warm, she should also keep her friend warm. Tell her his color will pop, er, something. Make it more about keeping her happy (even though the Betta is VERY important) she is your boss, and you don't want to screw your job up. Or, if you have an extra tank laying around, bring it in to her as a present. It's a tough situation.
dragonscalecrowntail02 is offline   Reply With Quote