Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #191 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
It just if he has flukes they will kind of eat him to death. Sorry tell me if i am wrong i don't want to upset anyone. The linkes that i posted before where people were treating bettas even though they weak. That is why we treating them. But i don't want be the one who people will blame for wrong advice though.
Oh I didn't mean you were wrong I agree AQ salt is best for him right now. I'm just sad that nothing is making him feel better. I didn't mean to sound as though I didn't think you were right. I just put him back in AQ salt water and am floating him in his cup so his water temp can stay warm.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #192 
Sakura8

You're doing everything you can, RedRaz. Whatever happens, it's definitely not because you didn't try. You're doing an awesome job.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #193 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
No, sunlight, you're right. Left untreated, flukes will eventually do just that. Furthermore, the bites they leave tend to get infected with bacteria as well.

RedRaz, probably best to put him back into AQ water for now if he can handle that. Otherwise, clean water will do fine as well.
Yeah I just put him back in his cup with AQ salt water. I just feel bad for him. Sunlight was right. I apologize if I sounded different about it. I truly didn't mean to. I'm just pretty stressed right now is all.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #194 
RedRaz

Quote:
And if you get IAL make sure you rinse them before you put them in.
I will def make sure I do that.I hope it comes soon. :(
Old 10-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #195 
Sakura8

You're doing fine, RedRaz. Don't worry. Anyone would understand why you're stressed.

Just to reiterate, though, using water from Shelby's tank has nothing to do with Raz being so sick. Even if she had something, it wouldn't have struck him this fast. And you used so little water too.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #196 
sunlight

sorry to say it, but if he will die it not because you was doing salt or water changes. He might die because he is sick unfortunately . You can't say 100% what happened. But i think if you treat something don't stop . Even with people you can't do antibiotic or chemotherapy and stop because person is weak. That is why he has treatment.
And you doing everything you can for him. Unfortunately with bettas you always have that chance when you buy them sick from the store. I had this experience too. I am sure a lot of people are.

Sorry for saying that. Also i think you need a good sleep.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #197 
RedRaz

Quote:
sorry to say it, but if he will die it not because you was doing salt or water changes. He might die because he is sick unfortunately . You can't say 100% what happened. But i think if you treat something don't stop . Even with people you can't do antibiotic or chemotherapy and stop because person is weak. That is why he has treatment.
And you doing everything you can for him. Unfortunately with bettas you always have that chance when you buy them sick from the store. I had this experience too. I am sure a lot of people are.

Sorry for saying that. Also i think you need a good sleep.
I agree with you to some extent but the treatment wasn't working anymore. I never stopped the AQ salt til 10 mins ago to try a medication. Unfortunately he is too far gone. I will continue with the AQ salt because I just want to make him comfortable right now. No more pain or stress. Thank you all for your help. I'm gonna sign off and be with my Raz. I don't think he will make it through the night.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #198 
Sakura8

I'm so sorry, Raz. Good night and I'll be thinking of you.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #199 
ao
TFK Moderator

oh no.... D: this is so sad....
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #200 
RedRaz

Update on Raz

So last night Raz was on his side barely breathing. I placed his tank closer to me so I can be near him and watch him. I said my goodbyes and told him I'm sorry and just cried myself to sleep. I woke up at 4 am and looked into his tank and saw a little figure moving around. It was kinda dark still in my room so I squinted and then rubbed my eyes because how can he be swimming? So I got up and turned on the hallway light so I can see him better but not wake my husband. He was swimming in his cup!!! I pinched myself just in case it was one of those dreams that you can't tell if it is real or not. That pinch hurt! I was awake and my Raz is swimming and still alive!!!!! Oh my goodness he looked so bad last night that I thought he did pass. Hardly any breathing and this morning he is completely swimming around his cup. I have no idea what worked and I have no idea how he is still alive. He is a fighter and I am thrilled he mad it is still holding on! This betta continues to surprise me everyday.

His fins are more torn up today then last night though. I took a few pictures so you all can see.

Thank you all for helping and supporting Raz and I. I appreciate all your help with this. I feel so blessed to have each and every one of you here caring for Raz as much as I do. *hugs* Let's hope he can recover. I dragged the 10 gal tank (that i bought weeks ago) from the living room into the shelving unit across from his tank. Just showing him that when he gets better that tank is all for him. I don't know if it helps but I just want him to know I will not give up and I believe he CAN make a full recovery.

I had a question. Should I keep him in his cup floating in his tank and just fill new AQ treated water into his cup to refresh it and remove some of those flukes? He is swimming around but I'm not quite sure he can handle a 1 gal tank right now.
Attached Images