Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #1 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Talking The PK and HMPK thread!

Hey everybody!

Since i am going to be getting a PK and HMPK VERY soon, i would love to see your pictures of your plakats to give me an idea of how awesome they are lol!

Share stories, pictures, videos,etc!

Cant wait to see yours and get mine!

Also, form your experiences, should i look for my PK or HMPK at Petsmart or Petco?

Thanks!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:54 AM   #2 
jeremywadejunior

Talking

Howdy! I've never seen a plakat at Petco; I bought my little guy at Petsmart!

Plakats are my favorite. :) Mine is a dragon scale HMPK named Junior and he's in my avatar. He's absolutely wonderful, and super cute in my opinion! :)

Plakats were originally bred for fighting in Thailand. Actually, let me show you the article I read! You can find it here: http://nippyfish.net/bettas-201/plakat-betta/

Anyway, it says that plakats may be more aggressive than other betta breeds since they come from bettas that were bred for fighting. My little dude is pretty fiesty! I tried to share his 5 gallon with an African Dwarf Frog once, and he didn't like it one bit! He was very aggressive with the frog so I had to separate the two.
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:31 AM   #3 
CandiceMM

I am obsessed with PK's and HMPK's I have TONS!!! You could look at both Petsmart and Petco. I actually got one tonight from Petco, I'll post pics tomorrow. I have a pair in the spawn tank currently and I am so excited for the babies!!!! I'll post one of my new Thailand imports that I might name Levi :)

Here is Tarzan :)

You will love these little guys!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #4 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywadejunior View Post
Howdy! I've never seen a plakat at Petco; I bought my little guy at Petsmart!

Plakats are my favorite. :) Mine is a dragon scale HMPK named Junior and he's in my avatar. He's absolutely wonderful, and super cute in my opinion! :)

Plakats were originally bred for fighting in Thailand. Actually, let me show you the article I read! You can find it here: http://nippyfish.net/bettas-201/plakat-betta/

Anyway, it says that plakats may be more aggressive than other betta breeds since they come from bettas that were bred for fighting. My little dude is pretty fiesty! I tried to share his 5 gallon with an African Dwarf Frog once, and he didn't like it one bit! He was very aggressive with the frog so I had to separate the two.
Your little guy is stunning!

Thanks, the article was very helpful!

Your avi betta has amazing coloring!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #5 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
I am obsessed with PK's and HMPK's I have TONS!!! You could look at both Petsmart and Petco. I actually got one tonight from Petco, I'll post pics tomorrow. I have a pair in the spawn tank currently and I am so excited for the babies!!!! I'll post one of my new Thailand imports that I might name Levi :)

Here is Tarzan :)

You will love these little guys!!
Candice, i cant tell you how beautiful your boys are....just to pretty!

Looks like i will be trying petsmart, because i have actually seen some there. Cant wait to see the babies!!

Levi sounds cute!

Ok, well since PK's are so entergetic and aggressive, would one be ok in a 3 gal? Or would i have more success with a longer finned betta like a HM, in your opinion?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #6 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post

Ok, well since PK's are so entergetic and aggressive, would one be ok in a 3 gal? Or would i have more success with a longer finned betta like a HM, in your opinion?
Thanks!

I think a 3 gallon for a PK sounds fine! Mine first lived in a one gallon, then I upgraded him to a 10 gallon all to himself! He currently lives in his 5 gallon, because my dorm has a restriction on aquarium size, and he's perfectly happy in there!
Larger space is just recommended for them since they have shorter fins that allow them to swim faster.
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #7 
bananasammy8

Here are my HMPK's! They have so much personality and so fun to watch you will love them!
Attached Images

bananasammy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #8 
CandiceMM

They are beautiful!! I have tons more just too many post. HMPK's are my weakness!!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #9 
Laki

omg jelly. I want one soooo bad! Cannot wait to see yours MRBF!!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #10 
Mo

I have over 40 HMPK's but let me post the pictures of my first HMPK who will have a special place in my heart
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bestbettafish ever, halfmoon plakat, hmpk, plakat