Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #1 
Bettanewbie60

Question Need advice please...

As some of you may have read, I lost two bettas this week that were in my 10g, divided, planted tank. I redid the tank, got it set up and running clean. Hubby bought me two new betta boys, and 5 tetras..I removed the center divider, and moved the other one over a bit to make room for the tetras to swim, and leave enough room on the right for one betta. Does anyone have experience keeping neons with bettas? And could you tell me if this set up looks okay? I have more plants I can add, but want to leave the tetras enough swimming room too. The center piece has lots of holes in and out for hiding. Oh, and if one tetra is not schooling with the others does this mean it is ill, and I should remove it? Thanks for any input!
Name:  005 (600x450).jpg
Views: 101
Size:  50.3 KB

Name:  006 (600x444).jpg
Views: 100
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  007 (600x450).jpg
Views: 101
Size:  51.6 KB
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

you should take the tetras out and Qt all of them. stocking 6 fish at once from a petstore is asking for a disaster to happen if even one of them is sick...
a planted tank is difficult to medicate as well. might as well Qt just incase right?

I'm sorry about the two lost fishies too. but they were definitely loved and well cared for.

Did you sterilize that tank? two dead fish from one tank is likely no coincidence....
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #3 
labloverl

I had 6 tetras with my VT in a 10 gallon, and I'm almost positive that he killed them... one by one ....! lol
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #4 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by labloverl View Post
I had 6 tetras with my VT in a 10 gallon, and I'm almost positive that he killed them... one by one ....! lol
Aaaw..that is awful! I returned the neon tetras I had, and got some cardinals instead. The neons were just not healthy from the start. I got 6 Cardinals and I did lose one, but the rest are all thriving, and Kahuna has adapted well to them being in there with him...it's a good thing so far!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote