Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #14651 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Health issues are a pain in the hind end. My mom is on cholesterol medicine, Crestor, which is expensive. We need to save money when we can so I asked her doctor to switch her to simvastatin which is a generic and cost less. The doctor says no, we can't do that because it's not as strong as Crestor. Well, I'm going to insist that we switch to the less expensive generic because we have got to save money.
Yea, bills for health are annoying, part of the reason I am not going to the dr. right now is because insurance is tricky for me right now. I am under my dad's health care for his work till my bday next year, but I am not living at home anymore or in the same state, so I need to ask him how that works.

The ideal thing to do though is get as many dr. appts and treatments/meds etc. I can before my insurance runs out.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #14652 
Creat

Freakin why do betta not get embracing right away it makes me so nervous with new pairs DX
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #14653 
Sena Hansler

I'm so tired of coming on here expecting to be able to help and see people helping and all I read is "rant rant rant" and "argue argue argue" how about people drop their blindfolds, egos, and junk, and suck it up! I thought this is a forum, not some playground with grade 2 kids whining about who is right and who is better.

I don't think I'll be using this forum anymore, I would rather deal with people in PERSON then on a arguing forum.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #14654 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm tired of people not being more understanding of those with disabilities.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #14655 
ZergyMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I'm so tired of coming on here expecting to be able to help and see people helping and all I read is "rant rant rant" and "argue argue argue" how about people drop their blindfolds, egos, and junk, and suck it up! I thought this is a forum, not some playground with grade 2 kids whining about who is right and who is better.

I don't think I'll be using this forum anymore, I would rather deal with people in PERSON then on a arguing forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramaqueen
I'm tired of people not being more understanding of those with disabilities.
I've been a volunteer for special needs children and I am all for the equality and understanding. Though I believe that sometimes things need to addressed regardless of disability. I understand the frustration that Sena must be feeling; there are several people that are digging into each other's skin,whether they are doing it out of spite or defending their own ways. It is not healthy.

I have observed that the majority of arguments and disagreements revolve around the same few people but only because the way the convey their opinions is very abrasive. I know that there have been countless threads created that state that people should be more understanding and resist having nonconstructive criticisms. But nothing will be done unless they understand that they did something wrong.

What I do, is read a thread: if the question is addressed I move on, if the question is not addressed and I can't provide an adequate answer I either look it up or I leave it for someone else to answer, if there is something to add I add it. DO NOT "correct" other members but "suggest" what you think is best and explain that the original poster should do more research.

In the end, I really don't post that much anymore because I like to avoid conflict and most threads have already been addressed.

-Charles

Last edited by ZergyMonster; 10-03-2012 at 10:50 PM.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #14656 
Freyja
Banned

I'm tired of people confusing understanding with having free reign to do and say whatever. Being considerate and understanding does not mean allowing one to get stomped on and letting the other person do the stomping with no correction because they have a disability. When you have a child and they do something wrong, due to ignorance or problems communicating, you correct that child in a way they understand so they dont do it again. You dont let the child keep doing the same thing, being rude or inconsiderate for example, simply because he or she is a child and doesnt know any better. You end where I begin. I expect a certain level of respect, regardless of race, creed, sexual orientation, gender, or disability, which I will give back. I have had experience with children with Down's syndrome who hit other children while playing or roughhousing and were corrected by the parent. The parent didnt let the child continue with the behaviour just because the child has a disability. Respect, equality and understanding transcend any limitations and go both ways. I hope all of you are as understanding of my point of view and my position as you request I be of yours.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #14657 
dramaqueen
Banned

This person has not been given free reign to say whatever they want. In fact, they were banned for a few days for their behavior.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #14658 
BettaHeart

I hear you sena .. im usually on to see how dq and most of the older members, such as you amongst others are doing .

de-cluttering again ... sigh... this time most of everything is going because stuff is just stuff and also trying to figure out a good price for a 5gal, filter, hood, sub. , and one ornament, any suggestions and they have dragons, hm, hmpk, and super deltas at totalpet fighting the urge to go look waiting to hear from TheDarkPlakat and Elitebetta about my hmpk's http://youtu.be/g3Eq53ZUY9E the cute boy at 0:47 and the pair at 1:45
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #14659 
dramaqueen
Banned

Anti rant : my new fishies are here!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #14660 
Shirleythebetta

Started a new class Tuesday. Entrepreneur basics. I'm having a hard time focusing on it. Hope I can get it together. Plus side I think I got an a in management principles
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou