Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #7431 
Atena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
logisticsguy wow what a neat idea and hey there is a tank Halloween contest this month and your should enter yours for sure !!!
Wait I missed it, where is this and when?

I want to see what everyone is doing for Halloween.
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #7432 
Greylady

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro fiend View Post
......whats the plant in the corner by thermometer?
That's a Kyoto plant and it's not a true aquatic plant. It may live for months submerged but will eventually rot and cause an ammonia spike. Also the long stingy plant between the castle and other building, behind the red rock is Mondo grass, also not an aquatic plant.

Your tank is beautiful! I just wanted to mention that those plants may rot so watch your ammonia.

I know the fish stores sell them as aquatic but they really aren't. Some really good aquatic plants that are easy to grow and found in most fish stores are Anubias, Java Moss, Cryptocoryne, Wisteria, Hornwort, and Java Fern, which is the tall plant you have to the left. There are others but that's a good start.
Greylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #7433 
pyro fiend

oooh ic i was gna say looked alot like a bamboo to me o.0 looked kinda nice tho lol you spoiled it for me [thankfully] lol.. [thought you was talking about me in last parts there for a min lol]
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #7434 
Greylady

Yes it does look very much Iike bamboo! Bamboo is also semi aquatic, it lives with it's roots submerged but it needs it's leaves out of the water. It can last quite a while completely submerged sometimes, but eventually it will die.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #7435 
pyro fiend

well glad i know. im scared o get any plants like that thus why half the plants in my tank is swords XD one of the few plants you cant mess up with XD
Old 10-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #7436 
Greylady

Lol, I was the same way but have done a lot of research the last few months so I know a little bit but still learning a lot. When I first planted my tank I was dupped by the fish store and bought semi aquatic plants because I didn't read the fine print on the package. So I had to start over. At least I know what will work in my tank now.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #7437 
pyro fiend

well theres only so few plants my lps has and im a huge fan of amazon swords.. just got my first stems not long ago. had to downgrade tank due to improper lights. iv only got like 4 species of plants. amazon swords 'argintine' swords anubia [nana maybe] 'asian water fern'[floating cuz rhyzome is to small to anchor] and some new stem forgot name XD im playing it safe till i get used to the plant thing. then im upgrading to my 55 =3

and 2 'betta bulbs' in no lucky yet but befor i wasnt using perfect lighting.. now we shall see ;D downgrading from 2-h to 10.. its like a jungle on one side XD

Last edited by pyro fiend; 10-04-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #7438 
Greylady

Same for me, limited selection, although I find my Petsmart has a much better selection than my PETCO. My Petsupermarket has no live plants and even all their fish look sickly but they have the cheapest price for the dog food I buy so I'm all over the place when shopping for all my boys! Lol. PETCO has better looking fish and a bigger selection than PetSmart, but PetSmart has better plants! Lol You should see me at the register when they ask for my "member card" , I have to sometimes ask where I am or try to nonchalantly find something that has the name of the store on it in order to pull out the right card! Anyway, currently I have java fern, Java moss, Anubias, Amazon Sword, and Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green, which is new and I love. I'm so jealous you are getting a 55g. I'm in a little condo so I have no room for that but I love my little 6.6g so much that I got another one last weekend and I'm cycling it now (fish less) because now hubby wants a betta of his own.

Last edited by Greylady; 10-04-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #7439 
TigerRegalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atena View Post
I'm decorating for Halloween... :)

What do you all think of the Haunted house background?
I love this!! What a great idea. I want to decorate Tommy's tank for Halloween too. How fun!!
TigerRegalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #7440 
TigerRegalia

Tommy's new 5-gallon tank that he just moved into. He's already building bubble nests
Attached Images

TigerRegalia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank