Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #1 
Luimeril

Red face Angels in Manhattan

SO! today, me and Ma went to the pet store to get my late birthday present: a betta for the 10 gallon. i *wanted* a female, because my tank is mostly filled with plastic plants. but they didn't have any females. :I sadface.

i went and looked at the males, instead. LOTS of dals! *o* i *love* dals! i was looking at each and every one, being pickier than i should have. saw the neatest male, who had a very interesting tail defect that made him look like the fabled Lyre-tail, but i already have a red and a red-orange, and wanted something different. they also had this tiny little CT, and i totally would have gotten him, but my water hates CTs. ;3;

then, i spotted the most interesting Dal there. he was spunky, and wiggling, and doing that cute mouth thing at me. and his SPOTS! i kept looking, despite how i was drawn to him, but, kept coming back. i *had* to take him home. on the way home, i was thinking of a name. remembered that i wanted to do a Doctor Who themed name, and kept trying out names in my head.

Pond didn't work out.
neither did TARDIS, or Matt, or Tennant, or Rory, Dalek....

Manhattan. perfect. was gonna do Manny for short, but my dog's name in Mandy, and she gets confused. xD so, meet Manhattan:

Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #2 
CandiceMM

What a little beauty you found :) I love your tank, I am sure he will be very happy in there with all 10 gallons to himself!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #3 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Love the fish I also like he heater saves space be warned though the color scale he has it makes it harder to spot parasites.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #4 
Luimeril

thanks, chocolatebetta. :V i rarely, if ever, get anything like ick or velvet. got ick twice, and they were both dark bettas. never again since. and i got all kinds of meds to take care of such things, too. :B
Old 10-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #5 
copperarabian

he's so cute (and I also love doctor who, can't wait for the new companion). Be careful with all the plastic plants, they'll likely shred his fins. Fabric/silk plants are the safest :)
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #6 
Luimeril

:B they're very soft plastic. VERY soft. :V someone who keeps bettas gave them to me, and i'm sure she wouldn't give me something that'd hurt him. ;3;

i'm happy to report that Manhattan built a bubble nest already! he's already settled in and strutting his stuff! :3
Old 10-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #7 
Turtle4353

For a minute I thought you were gonna post pics of weeping angels and I'm like OMG. What about the name "Doctor"? Not that you would change it but for another fish
Turtle4353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #8 
Luimeril

i had a The Doctor. ;3; but he ended up getting sick and i had to put him down. fuzzies all over AND Dropsy.

if i'd had gotten a female, she would have been Pond. :V
Old 10-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #9 
DragonFish

Why have I not posted on this thread yet? xD LOL

He is ADORABLE! LOVE his little face! Just so cute!! <3 I bet hes LOVING all that space to himself ;D
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #10 
Luimeril

he's got the perfect frown for what he's named after, doesn't he? xD