Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #101 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I mean wonder if I gave it because I am still younger than when he had his first skin cancer and sunlight sensetive the condition has is hereditary.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:15 AM   #102 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I mean wonder if I gave it because I am still younger than when he had his first skin cancer and sunlight sensitive the condition has is hereditary.
Yeah, but consider that even then, the condition might not manifest itself in you but on your children. It is better to run some tests to be sure.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #103 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Running the test is a good idea. I had that done with MTHFR. I do not think my parents will have tested so I have to wait awhile
Old 10-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #104 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAugust View Post
Ooh, yeah me too. I was just diagnosed with it recently when my ankle was swollen for NO REASON. I learned that that's what have caused my back and knee problems since I was a kid. Now I wear custom-made shoe inserts that have worked wonders.

I also have Epilepsy, but thank the Lord it's not a disability because It's mostly controlled with medicine and I just get mild partial ones once in a while.
My 4 year old has a seizure disorder. Because of this, he is in the "special needs" category. Also, with an official epilepsy diagnosis, I believe it's difficult if not impossible to get a license.
I'm thankful that his seizures are controlled with medication.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #105 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
My 4 year old has a seizure disorder. Because of this, he is in the "special needs" category. Also, with an official epilepsy diagnosis, I believe it's difficult if not impossible to get a license.
I'm thankful that his seizures are controlled with medication.
Glad he is in a school were medicine is allowed in the class room. Ironiclay My MTHFR pills caused diahra, stomach pain and throat pain recently starting allergy medicine . Wish your child a healthy life glad he lives in anage he gets the help he needs just curious what caused it?
Old 10-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #106 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Glad he is in a school were medicine is allowed in the class room. Ironiclay My MTHFR pills caused diahra, stomach pain and throat pain recently starting allergy medicine . Wish your child a healthy life glad he lives in anage he gets the help he needs just curious what caused it?
He is not in school yet. His medication would be before and after school, but his emergency med would have to go to school with him. If they didn't allow it or refused to administer it as needed, then he would just do schooling at home with me.

They have done tons of tests and we don't know why he started having seizures out of the blue (almost a year ago). Sometimes you just don't get those answers and it is frustrating.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #107 
copperarabian

I don't have any disabilities(that I know of) other then being a bit anti social.

My mom's friend has a grandson with Aspergers , he's sooooo smart about certain things. His entire life he's loved trains and knows so much about them. He also does children's theater plays but I think it's a bit hard on him because he knows as his lines and when his co-actors mess up in practice he yells at them, and the director too. He's fantastic with my mom's friend and is very well behaved, unfortunately his parents spoiled him and are afraid of his outburst when he gets angry so they do things his way and when he gets mad he'll yell and even physically attack his father which although very rare is scary since he's getting bigger and managed to knock him down once.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #108 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
I don't have any disabilities(that I know of) other then being a bit anti social.

My mom's friend has a grandson with Aspergers , he's sooooo smart about certain things. His entire life he's loved trains and knows so much about them. He also does children's theater plays but I think it's a bit hard on him because he knows as his lines and when his co-actors mess up in practice he yells at them, and the director too. He's fantastic with my mom's friend and is very well behaved, unfortunately his parents spoiled him and are afraid of his outburst when he gets angry so they do things his way and when he gets mad he'll yell and even physically attack his father which although very rare is scary since he's getting bigger and managed to knock him down once.
Ooh hope he learns better but remember us aspies are usually weaker tell thearents the spoiling is worse for him than the aspergers.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #109 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
He is not in school yet. His medication would be before and after school, but his emergency med would have to go to school with him. If they didn't allow it or refused to administer it as needed, then he would just do schooling at home with me.

They have done tons of tests and we don't know why he started having seizures out of the blue (almost a year ago). Sometimes you just don't get those answers and it is frustrating.
I wish your child the best life possible he sounds very intelligent.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #110 
copperarabian

Quote:
Ooh hope he learns better but remember us aspies are usually weaker tell thearents the spoiling is worse for him than the aspergers.
I personally think my mom's friend should adopt him but she's not keen on the idea. He knows he can't do those things with her and she doesn't spoil him, while his parents feel like they're walking on egg shelves. He's still young though(I believe between 9-11).
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote