Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #11 
NormaCarts

Ok so not bowl shaped liek a bi-orb?
NormaCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #12 
SnowySurface

Since the plants are already in your tank I doubt you can return them due to health concerns. At least, I hope no one who has had fake plants in their tnak can bring it back to the store. I don't want someone's second hand disease in my tank. XD I would just chuck the plastic plants and replace them with silk fake plants.

I personally prefer live plants even if they make tank maintanance a bit more involved. If you do want to try live plants, there is a sticky that summarizes some of the easy care live plants. I currently have Anacharis and a plant I can't remember the name of. Both do well in my low light tank.

In the end, either fake silk plants that pass the panty hoes test or live plants work well for bettas. :)
SnowySurface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #13 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormaCarts View Post
Ok so not bowl shaped liek a bi-orb?
Nah, bowls work better for fish that like to swim in a circle. Bettas like to swim horizontal back and forwards. Rectangle shaped tanks work best because they tend to be short and long instead of tall and stubby.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #14 
clopez1

I don't have any experience with a bio-orb but seems to look ok..I'm more a rectangle type aquarium lover but I'm sure someone who has or had a bio-orb could give you better advice on that..Looks to me like it could work. Oh and as far as the returning the plants..I didn't know it was in a tank with fish already..I thought you just got them and was setting up a new tank.
clopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #15 
clopez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
Nah, bowls work better for fish that like to swim in a circle. Bettas like to swim horizontal back and forwards. Rectangle shaped tanks work best because they tend to be short and long instead of tall and stubby.
Well I stand corrected :D
Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #16 
NormaCarts

Ok so I am getting more of an idea now, I am just worried I wont get the right sort of slow flowing filter, if I got an adjustable one though I could slow it right down couldnt I for my betta to be happy?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #17 
clopez1

You sure can.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #18 
SnowySurface

I use the Whisper 3i in my old 1 gallon set ups and didn't need to baffle it. So that should be good in a 3 gallon tank without any adjustments. :)

It's the heater that will be a bit tricker to find for a smaller tank. An adjustable 25W should be good for 3 gallons. I personally use Hydor brand heaters but those can be a bit pricey if you can't find them on sale. ^_^;
Old 10-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #19 
Shadyr

Tetra Crescent 3 is a gorgeous little tank. My halfmoon swans around in his like he's the king of the place. Which he is I took the filter off it completely...I'm actually using the filter it came with on my bookshelf tank.

I like my live plants and I'm fairly sure the fish loved them too, but there have been some challenges with them, and not all of them will fare well in a small tank.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #20 
NormaCarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
Tetra Crescent 3 is a gorgeous little tank. My halfmoon swans around in his like he's the king of the place. Which he is I took the filter off it completely...I'm actually using the filter it came with on my bookshelf tank.

I like my live plants and I'm fairly sure the fish loved them too, but there have been some challenges with them, and not all of them will fare well in a small tank.
Thanks for this I have had a look and doesnt look like we get them here is the uk but we can get this which looks similar:

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.a...id=54794&co=fr