Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #21 
sunlight

Actually transparent fins means - regrowth. It not fuzzy right? If it just transparent how i see it and not don't have fuzzy white stuff at the ends then if sign of the regrowth.

I don't know what is supa tonic salts. Can you find just aquarium salt in the pet store? I know you can use Rock salt, kosher salt not table salt. But i never used anything but Aquarium salt from pet store.

But if he has transparent fins and active and eating, and you saying that his tear looks better you don't need medications. If he is healing don't stress him out with medications. If you want do salt first. Again i don't know if i can trust my eyes how i see he has transperent fins but very very important make sure he don't have fuzzy white stuff.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #22 
Indigo Betta

its not transparent anymore and i looked really closely and he might have a bit of white stuff on the end of his anal fin

and he has some new holes now, a very small one on his tail fin and a small one on his dorsal fin

supa tonic salt is the only salt the pet shops in my area sell

I decided to put the myxazin in his tank, i put it in yesterday,
I hope it was the right decision,

its a 5 day course
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #23 
sunlight

oh yes it bad :( I wish you find aq salt. What state you are in? I just ask someone on the forum what is supa tonic? Can you look on the box for ingredient? What is supa tonic?
Aquarilum salt is Sodium Chloride (NaCl). Check the box may be it the same.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #24 
Sakura8

Indigo, what is your pH? And have you tested your nitrates lately? Both a high pH and a high nitrate level can cause the fins to deteriorate and fray like you are seeing.

Myxazin has malachite green and acriflavine, right? I assume you're somewhere in the UK or Australia, since as far as I know that product is not available in the states. Okay, since you started him on it it's probably best to continue the full course to prevent anything from developing a resistance. After that, keep the water clean and add aquarium salt at a dose of 1 tsp per gallon for 5 days.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #25 
Indigo Betta

I am in the UK

the box for supa tonic salt had no ingredients on it
but i found a website selling it and it said this
Supa Tonic Salts are 100% natural salt granules, which are used as a mild aquarium disinfectant and antiseptic.
These Tonic Salts when used as a strong solution can treat fungal infections and other diseases while also being able to assist the hatching of brine shrimp eggs.
An essential product to use for any freshwater aquarium as part your maintenance tools, to make sure your fish are in the best possible health.

I was just thinking the same thing about the ph and nitrates causing it
I'm going to get a testing kit tomorrow
if my ph and nitrates are to high what can i do to lower them?
and can you use a testing kit with medication in the water?
Old 10-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #26 
Sakura8

If your nitrates are high, you can increase your water changes to remove the excess nitrates. If your pH is high, we can look at some options like Indian Almond Leaf, driftwood, or blackwater extract.

Uhm, to be honest, I'm not sure about using testing kits with meds. Offhand, I'd say you probably should use it with clean, nonmedicated water.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #27 
sunlight

Sakura how about tonic salt. I am confused i google it too but there is no ingredients. And since aquarium salt has specific dosage instructions we don't know what would be instructions on the tonic salt. Usually the box instructions not therapeutic but just preventative.
If you can i would order aquarium salt on line it not expansive and you need to have it any way.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #28 
Sakura8

sunlight, when I checked, it seemed like tonic salt was the same as aquarium salt because the box said it can be used to transition brackish fish to freshwater. I would use the same instructions as we would with AQ salt, so a starting dose would be 1 tsp per gallon and up to 3 tsp per gallon.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #29 
Indigo Betta

I've got the test kit now
and I've also got some stress coat
Old 10-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #30 
sunlight

let us know how he doing:)

Tags
water salt fin rot betta