Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #1 
happypappy

Question Betta Bowl heaters

SO winter is coming and I have acquired several new bettas over the summer. The water temp stays at 75-80 with no heater. However, that will NOT happen in the winter so I have been looking at heaters. I have several Marina 10W heaters that seem to work fine. Would an adjustable be a better selection since I will be buying 5? or will the Marina do the trick.
What is your favorite 1-3 gallon healter?
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #2 
Hahenry22

I'm extremely new to betta keeping so you may want someone else's opinion but I recently purchased two Elite Submersible Preset Mini Heaters. I've had them about a week but so far I am pleased. They are adjustable so that was what drew me to them. (I don't get to go home at lunch everyday and I didn't want to boil my babies.) They click off after they get to a certain temperature so there's no chance of overheating. I bought the 25 watt(for up to 5 gals) but it also comes in a 50 watt (for up to 10 gals). They were very reasonably priced on Amazon. Hopefully they will last for a while! Hope this helps!
Hahenry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #3 
Sivan

Elite is one of the best brands of heaters. It has a life-time warranty and an automatic thermostat that turns on when the water falls below a certain temperature.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #4 
NyaNyanNaa

Hai! I recently bought an adjustable, submersible tropical fish heater today (:

50 watts for a 10 gal.

Anyways, its default temp is at 76 which is the normal heat for a betta but currently my tank is set to 80, its a wonderful heater and I suggest it to you if you really want to make your betta's colors flourish.
NyaNyanNaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #5 
Hahenry22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivan View Post
Elite is one of the best brands of heaters. It has a life-time warranty and an automatic thermostat that turns on when the water falls below a certain temperature.

So good to hear! I was hoping it was a decent one. Like I said, I'm still new to this so all I have to go on is reviews. I absolutely love the Betta in your picture! Do you breed them?
Hahenry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #6 
toad

I have 50 watt heaters in all my 3 gallon tanks, and my 5 gallon tank. I went with the higher wattage because I keep my house at about 60 all winter and didn't want the heater to burn out or be too weak to combat the low air temp.

I bought cheap ones off of Amazon - AquaTop - and they work well enough. They are adjustable, so that's nice, but they're huge :/ I like my smaller 50 watts from Petco a bit better, but you can't beat $12 and free shipping. *shrug*
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #7 
Greekalphabet

I just saw a submersible heater on www.reef-one.com. It's only 12 watts, and very simple. It's preset for a certain temp for celcius (damn my memory on formula conversions!), and apparently checks the temp of the tank 3000 times per minute to keep the temp perfect, which uses less energy. Couldn't tell you how much it is - it's listed all in pounds. I believe it can be used for up to 16 gallons but don't quote me on that. Hope that helps!
Greekalphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #8 
tpocicat

I love the Petco brand submersible. It's adjustable and 50 Watt one is perfect for my 5 gallon tanks (big I know, but I don't have to worry about burn out). The 100 watt I use for my 30 gallon.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote