Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #131 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armani33 View Post
Here are some more pics of summer as I was asked for a shot of the whole horse and just so you can see her dorsal stripe yes I know she is very light for a dun and the one of her on cross ties well I just couldn't resist showing of her pretty mane
what a BEAUTIFUL girl!

She looks like she would be a lovely ride too!

Thanks for sharing, i love looking at photos!

UPDATE:

So today, i went on a trail ride, and rode a friends horse who is a trail horse, but could be spooky at times. She heard this tiller nearby and galloped down a hill, turned on her heels, spun circles, and then galloped back, throwing her feet out in front, and her hindquarters swining around. I got control of her, just as the 5 horses in front of her spooked from some bottles and cans at a nearby recycling center. One horse started to rear, buck, bite, kick.....uggh it was quite a fiasco.....

But i had a GREAT ride lol!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #132 
Armani33

Wow it sounds like you had quite a ride!! She is a lovely ride but she can be a bit lazy at times so I ride her with a crop. The nice thing is after you've used the crop once or twice she knows you have it so she won't try much with you and her gaits are much more forward.
Armani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #133 
MyRainbowBettaFish

haha yep, sometimes crop help, sometimes hurt, just kinda how you and the horse is feeing.

UPDATE,UPDATE,UPDATE!!!!!!!! ::: Got around to fully cleaning out old stall for new horse! Everything is sparkling and sanitized! Ready for the new boy! Havent decided on one yet, but now we are REALLY looking hard. We will for sure have a new boy by mid October!!!!!!!!! I will be sure to post pictures!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #134 
QHRider

I have two horses! An AQHA gelding who is a finished cutting horse and cowy as all get out and a Mustang mare who was wild up until six months ago. She is a sweet mare and we are learning to jump together since she has natural talent for it. My background is all in riding reining, cutting, and ranch horses with minimal english riding experience but I am having fun learning. I am also training her to have some more solid reining fundamentals just for fun! My QH gelding is a big old clown, loves attention, and loves to be ridden. He is such a powerful athlete too and my first real show horse, love him! My horses are definitely my pride and joy!
QHRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #135 
MoonShadow

My new girl, I'll be getting her in October! She's a 6 year old Shire/Quarter Horse cross, 16.1 hands, and her name is Bahloo, show name will be Bear Necessities.

MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #136 
Armani33

ooooh she's gorgeous and I love the jungle book theme for her name!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #137 
Armani33

Okay quick update on my horsie life. I am no longer leasing Summer for a couple of reasons. Reasone number 1: Being were heading into colder weather ( at least where I live) I wont be able to ride much being her owner only has outdoor riding areas and if it rains or snows or is just too cold I can't ride. Reason number 2 and the main reason: I want to get more serious with dressage and even if I stayed on summer and took lessons on her she wouldn't be able to take me past basic dressage. I am now taking dressage lessons on a lovely mare named lea.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #138 
Sundancex

Wow MoonShadow, I am insanely jealous right now. I've always wanted a big bulky draft x, and I've always had a thing for horses with high whites on all 4 legs. If you ever want to sell, let me know, you can send her to me!
Sundancex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #139 
LadyVictorian

Well now this is my kind of thread. I grew up on an Arabian horse breeding farm, my parents were big breeders in the midwest and showed in the halter and hunt seat circuit. Now of course I ride American Saddlebreds in Saddleseat and show them. I'm an English girl myself showing in English and Country Pleasure, Equitation, and I hope to get a five gaited horse once I can afford one. They are soooooo expensive, I think on average over $100,000 for a decent five gaited show horse. These are some pictures over the years of our horses, some still owned by us.

One of our filly's out of our old Arabian Stallion. Wendy.

Another filly from out stud named Twister. She went on to place top five at world nationals in halter.

Our old world champion halter mare Cricket.

My first show horse JD Malone

Our stallion DR Psyclone

We also owned world famous Don Iban Bask but I can't find a pic of him right now. He was a bay stallion and worth over 1 million. He had to have a special brand on his neck so if he was kidnapped they police would know who he was.

My Natinal Show Horse mare as a foal, CK Storm Dancer aka Flash. She is by Color of Fame and out of a Dressed for Fame.

Flash and I all grown up, we were raised together since I was only 7 when she was born. She never got to be a real show horse since she has blue eyes and we never intend to breed that fault into foals so she's just a horse I play around with and broke to ride myself. She's kind of like my trail horse.

And despite her flaws she is the most beautiful little pinto ever.

Here are my old minature horses I use to show in halter and show jumping as a kid. Aramis is my gelding (dapple grey) and Gemini is actually my cousin Taylors (grey mare)

Reserve World Champion Shandoah's Precious Little Aramis. Looking scruffy without his summer haircut.

Our huntseat horse being riden by my cousin Taylor, Diamonds and Pearl.

She is now a hunter jumper xD Peal is 28 years old and that was her first time going over a jump. She is such a perfect little mare.

CK Aladine also called Danny. He's an ex halter horse turned western pleasure turned pasture decoration. He's one of the foals we bred out of our mare Dressed for Fame, Flash's half brother.

And then my beautiful show horse Lucky Memory who passed away at a horse show a year ago from an anurism. While my trainer was warming him up she noticed something wrong. The second she got off him he dropped to the ground dead. I never knew what real pain was until the day I lost my best friend and true love. I still miss him so much, who wouldn't miss this beautiful gelding? But I also know one day I'll have another show horse and I'll love them just the same.

Lucky with his old owner Kim.

Lucky with his old trainer.

And always doing his silly boy faces.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #140 
LadyVictorian

OH in other news I have been considering rescuing my first horse. My old riding stables most of their lesson horses were rescued from slaughter and honestly all of them are BEAUTIFUL pureblood ASB who three of them clean out horse shows without mercy (hard to think ANYONE would want to kill those horses, sell only the weak and sick or old my ass) but they are also some of the sweetest horses. When I saw this mare she spoke to me and I have been thinking about getting her and turning her into a hunt seat show horse. I think she has it in her to actually do VERY WELL in the show world and she is registered, I looked up her breeding though it seems she is mostly all race horse bloodlines. I suspect before she was a Polo Pony she was a race horse and the place that rescued her got her from the slaughter sales. Her name is Samba, can't remember her register show name now but it was VERY pretty. Something like Carnivali.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbXmEwcDO9g
This is her

This is what she looked like when they got her.

That's her now.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clydesdale, horse, horseback riding, horses, quarter horse