Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #111 
MyRainbowBettaFish

mild OCD and some asberger's

I may be wierd but i take pride in it!

YAY WIERD PEOPLE!

Glad to see we are not alone!

Also, i have a problem with major OBSESSION! If i am interested in one thing, i cant stop talking/thinking about it!

When i got my first fish, i was on websites and reading books 24/7 haha!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #112 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I have a few major obsessions. It is spelled Asperger with a P. Asperger with a B is fake huge difference.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #113 
MyRainbowBettaFish

haha woops! Thanks for correcting me, that is another mild issue i have! I tend to mix things up from how they sound to how they are spelled!

:D
Old 10-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #114 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thanks to everyone for sharing your disabilities. All we can do is the best we can with the day to day challenges we face.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #115 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

It's okay I mix stuff up all the time too.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #116 
MyRainbowBettaFish

haha we are all human, aren't we?

Its nice to see so many people coping with their disabilities!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #117 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
haha woops! Thanks for correcting me, that is another mild issue i have! I tend to mix things up from how they sound to how they are spelled!

:D
Could be dyslexia, I have that same issue with my dyslexia. It was my way to cope to understand the human language since in all reality I can harldy differentiate most letters in the alphabet. b,d,p,q are all the same letter to me. n, m,w,u are also all the same letter to me o 0 are the same l and 1 are the same and 6 goes with the bp etc problem. I can't read numbers because I always read them backwards so I have to read them a few times. Sometimes I think it's 1220 and sometimes I think I was born in 1090 xD it's horid but eh, I can deal with it.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #118 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
Could be dyslexia, I have that same issue with my dyslexia. It was my way to cope to understand the human language since in all reality I can harldy differentiate most letters in the alphabet. b,d,p,q are all the same letter to me. n, m,w,u are also all the same letter to me o 0 are the same l and 1 are the same and 6 goes with the bp etc problem. I can't read numbers because I always read them backwards so I have to read them a few times. Sometimes I think it's 1220 and sometimes I think I was born in 1090 xD it's horid but eh, I can deal with it.
thanks, but i have never had dyslexia. My heart goes out to those that do have it, as it can be a very tough problem to deal with.

I do not have it, but i just make "normal" (i guess? haha) mistakes, i dont think i have it because it only happens like once a month to be honest. just normal stuff.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #119 
pittipuppylove

I have hypothyroidism, which isn't really a disability, but it's a major pain. I also have social anxiety issues, depression, and general anxiety. Although it's not technically diagnosed, a couple of my doctors have agreed that I'm somewhere on the autism spectrum and that it's likely Aspergers.

I'm lucky that I've been able to get off the medications (except for the thyroid meds, those are a lifelong thing) and instead keep an emotional support dog that lives with me on my college's campus.

Honestly, though, I've never really considered myself disabled. I am who I am and that's all I plan to be - it's just learning to live with my quirks.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #120 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I consider it a disablity if it affects quality of life. I am one of those aspies that lost the feeling to want to socialize. I also seem to be loosing touch with reality for some reason the real seems unreal.