Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #11 
LebronTheBetta

I'd really love a Betta Shop, too. It will be called "Betta is Better" LOL. I'll be a breeder by then, the Bettas will be $10 maximum and there's the "Adopt-A-Cull". Ah! If only this will exist! I'll sell the highest quality supplies and I'll ship to you as well. This is a dream come true... :D

I'd also like this "Hotel For Dogs" shelter. It's just a shelter for all animals and they'd get pampered and such. It should be called "Hotel For Animals" but eh... This is another dream come true!! It will also be neuter/spay for free, no-kill, and we'll make sure the animal WILL get a good home. Ah... <3
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #12 
MoonShadow

I just finished up a degree in business management and entrepreneurial studies and Im currently working on a 1 year animal science certificate. I plan on opening my own pet store within the next 3-4 years. I plan on carrying supplies for dogs, cats, small animals, reptiles, birds and of course fish. Only quality foods for all types of animals. No crappy, cheap foods in my store! I will sell small animals (hamsters, gerbils, rats, mice, guinea pigs and ferrets) some reptiles and of course mostly fish! All will be acquired from reputable suppliers, some i will breed myself like the small animals to ensure they are well handled, socialized and friendly. I will not sell tanks under 1 gallon and I will have local shelters bring animals in on the weekends for adoption events.

I would also love to have kids parties and maybe go to elementary schools to educate children on proper animal care!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #13 
RoxieStClaire

The business of taking names and kicking --

Oh, you mean for serious? Well then I have to go with independent publishing/distribution company. I'd publish comics, novels, nonfiction; basically anything I find interesting enough to deserve a broader audience. Does that make me sound like a hipster? Yes, but I don't careeeeeeee.
RoxieStClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #14 
homegrown terror

i was actually just thinking, it'd be a great idea to host betta-care annex style classes, charge about $100 entrance fee that includes a 3-gallon tank with filter and heater, gravel and a wide selection of plants and decorations they can choose from, then teach people to set up their own tank and send them home with a gift card to pick up a betta at the pet store. it'd be a great way to get people interested, and start them down the road to properly caring for their new friend.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #15 
whiskandbowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
I just finished up a degree in business management and entrepreneurial studies and Im currently working on a 1 year animal science certificate. I plan on opening my own pet store within the next 3-4 years. I plan on carrying supplies for dogs, cats, small animals, reptiles, birds and of course fish. Only quality foods for all types of animals. No crappy, cheap foods in my store! I will sell small animals (hamsters, gerbils, rats, mice, guinea pigs and ferrets) some reptiles and of course mostly fish! All will be acquired from reputable suppliers, some i will breed myself like the small animals to ensure they are well handled, socialized and friendly. I will not sell tanks under 1 gallon and I will have local shelters bring animals in on the weekends for adoption events.

I would also love to have kids parties and maybe go to elementary schools to educate children on proper animal care!
Awesome idea, can I come work for you? Haha.
(As a side note, 99% of ferrets in the US come from mass ferret mills Any private breeder you can find usually charges around $400. Fun fact of the day)

I think it would be cool to have a combined rescue/store where the only animals sold are ones that were rescued or surrendured and then supplies for the animals could be bought in the store. Might be hard to do with fish though.
whiskandbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #16 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskandbowl View Post
I think it would be cool to have a combined rescue/store where the only animals sold are ones that were rescued or surrendured and then supplies for the animals could be bought in the store. Might be hard to do with fish though.

Oooh an adoption only pet store :) I love this idea. This is how I got my first rat, Bernadette - her family had left her at Petco when they moved away and I adopted her. She's the coolest little animal, I love her just as much as I've loved any cat or dog. She was 2 when I adopted her in March, which I knew was old, but I didn't care; now she's got tumors on her and I know I won't have her much longer But I don't regret adopting her at all. She has brought me so much happiness.

I think that the same premise would work with fish, too - people seem to get fish and then try to give them away (Kijiji, Craig's List, back to the fish store, etc.) or worse I seem to recall a story about a lovely pair of Comets who were used to cycle a tank and then were supposed to be flushed after, because they weren't ~pretty~ enough to live in the tank with the community Someone rescued them, though, and gave them a good home
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #17 
Kitty Whiskers

Pet Store! My dream job would be to own my own pet store At least the pets would all be healthy and happy with me in charge
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #18 
teeneythebetta

No Kill Pit bull rescue
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #19 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

A cafe that supports local musicians. ^-^
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

Lots of cool ideas here. Good luck to all of you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote