Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #50261 
RedRaz

Good morning! I'm off to the pet store to get crickets, gravel and see what kind of plants they have. I hope I don't see a cute betta I can't leave without. I'm finally going to start cycling my 10 gal tank today. After the passing of my Raz I thought it would do me good to keep busy. Well I'm excited to start this project and see what my end result is.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #50262 
Laki

LOL we used to blast kid songs like Elmo ABC's and this vulgar song about a woman's no-no's and other childish kiddy pop songs.

Good laughs. But now I'm old.
And I quit my job today. I had enough. The managers there don't want to give me the time of day and they never listen when I say less hours. So last night we didn't get home until 11pm and I was sore and stiff and crying.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #50263 
Sakura8

RedRaz, I hope you find a great betta. Look for one that is very active and has open fins. That means it's pretty healthy. :)

Aw, Laki. I'm sorry. You're just having rotten luck in the job department. :( I hope you're able to find a good job with a good manager.

I remember one time sitting on top of the car with friends watching 4th of July fireworks singing "Walk Like a Man" at the top of our lungs.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #50264 
Laki

Walk like a man?? lol
I think I'll focus on school for now. I'll go talk to student loans on Tuesday and tell them I'll have no income and see what they can do for me. I really need all my days to focus on school. I only have 2 more years and each job I get seems worse than the last. I can't keep hopping jobs like this. Matt worked it out for me, I'll have enough for bills and stuff. He's talking about paying off my old loans balance so I'll be okay.
My stupid nerite is being a drama queen. Do nerites fake death a lot? I think Gammon is dying.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #50265 
RedRaz

Thanks Sakura! That helps when choosing. My Raz didn't have open fins when I got him. I didn't quite know then though. Now I'm much more aware of what sick looks like. *hugs* Thanks for helping. You are AWESOME! :)
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #50266 
Sakura8

In my experience, snails in general fake death a lot. o.O My mystery snail was the worst but nerites can be real brats about it too. What I hate is when the mystery snails start floating for no apparent reason.

I'm glad that Matt is there for you, though. It would be rotten if you had to go this alone.

EDIT: Raz, in fishkeeping, learning never ends. :) But Raz would have had a very sad end on a lonely shelf if you hadn't picked him up and given him those months of care and love. He passed in the comfort of love and with the dignity every fish deserves, not laying there decaying in a dirty cup for a week before someone noticed.

Last edited by Sakura8; 10-06-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #50267 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

You're on at a weird time today, Sakura. o.O Or is it cause it's Saturday?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #50268 
eaturbyfill

I'm hungry!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #50269 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm so pale, once I dye my hair I'll look like a ghost for sure.

Haven't seen Kinetic and Crabby around lately?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #50270 
Sakura8

I know, it's early for me. Usually I get up, feed the cats and fish and then go right back to sleep before 10 AM. Gonna go back to sleep in a few, though.

Haven't seen Crabby in a while. Kinetic was on a few days ago. Wonder how Relic is?

EDIT: On the other hand, if the restless leg syndrome strikes again, I will be back! Bwahahahahah!

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese