Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #121 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

P.S. not to sound rude but what caused yours there are so many causes?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #122 
Perry the platypus

I am deaf. I need hearing aids.
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #123 
Perry the platypus

Looks like a lot of people have depression. Just to give you advice. Be happy!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #124 
Perry the platypus

ChocolateBetta,you're not the only one who has disabilities. I'm glad too.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #125 
baileyhewlett

I have anxiety. I find keeping fish very calming and it really helps with my anxiety. :)
baileyhewlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #126 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I consider it a disablity if it affects quality of life. I am one of those aspies that lost the feeling to want to socialize. I also seem to be loosing touch with reality for some reason the real seems unreal.
It's a disability, yes. But I choose not to consider myself disabled. Heck, until about a year ago, I didn't even know that I was considered disabled by the government's definition. A lot of what I have affects my daily life, but that's who I am. It may meen I have to work harder and push myself more to do things that "normal" (which is a term I use cautiously - I honestly don't believe in "normal") people have no problem with, but that's ok. I have very few friends, and the ones I do have it took years for me to trust but I am fiercely loyal to. I'd usually rather have a movie night with a couple friends than go to a big party. Most of the time I'd rather work by myself. There are days that I have a hard time getting up in the morning to face the world. But I'm also one of those people that you'd better not try to tell me that I can't do something because I'm a girl/have a disability/etc., because I WILL prove you wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
P.S. not to sound rude but what caused yours there are so many causes?
Caused what? The hypothyroidism is caused because my thyroid gland doesn't make nearly enough thyroid hormone. The axiety issues, depression, and resulting panic attacks are caused by an imbalance of chemicals, namely serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine, in the brain that were possibly passed genetically to me from my parents. The Aspergers is likely also a chemical imbalance as well, which may or may not be genetically passed.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #127 
PitGurl

I have hyperhidrosis which causes my hands to sweat abnormally. Sometimes they sweat so much it will run down my arm and drip off my elbow . I also suffer from hypnopopic hallucinations. I see things when I start to wake up. They can be anything from shapes to a person. Sometimes they cause me to jump out of bed because I can't tell if what I see is real or not. Once I wake up I know it was just a hallucination but in that moment it's a real as it can be.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #128 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry the platypus View Post
Looks like a lot of people have depression. Just to give you advice. Be happy!
That is not how depression works. The brain of a depressed person it built different. The brain does not release enough dopamine.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #129 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
It's a disability, yes. But I choose not to consider myself disabled. Heck, until about a year ago, I didn't even know that I was considered disabled by the government's definition. A lot of what I have affects my daily life, but that's who I am. It may meen I have to work harder and push myself more to do things that "normal" (which is a term I use cautiously - I honestly don't believe in "normal") people have no problem with, but that's ok. I have very few friends, and the ones I do have it took years for me to trust but I am fiercely loyal to. I'd usually rather have a movie night with a couple friends than go to a big party. Most of the time I'd rather work by myself. There are days that I have a hard time getting up in the morning to face the world. But I'm also one of those people that you'd better not try to tell me that I can't do something because I'm a girl/have a disability/etc., because I WILL prove you wrong.

Caused what? The hypothyroidism is caused because my thyroid gland doesn't make nearly enough thyroid hormone. The axiety issues, depression, and resulting panic attacks are caused by an imbalance of chemicals, namely serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine, in the brain that were possibly passed genetically to me from my parents. The Aspergers is likely also a chemical imbalance as well, which may or may not be genetically passed.
people with asperger syndrome usually have a differently built brain and family history. I meant what caused your hypothyrodism as genetics, flu, or surgery damage.At school to help with my anxiety I where a sweatshirt on my head. For some reason reality does not seem as real as it used to.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #130 
pittipuppylove

Welp, it just popped up out of the blue when I was little, so it's likely genetic. To me, it doesn't matter as much with how I got something as how to deal with it.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote