Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: What dog breed do you like?
German shepherd 3 10.71%
Border collie 2 7.14%
Shih tzu 2 7.14%
Golden retiever 2 7.14%
Borozi 1 3.57%
Puggle 2 7.14%
Brussels griffon line 1 3.57%
Rottweiler 1 3.57%
Husky 2 7.14%
Any mix breeds 12 42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #1 
Perry the platypus

Anyone Have Dogs?

If you have dogs this thread will help you train dogs. Who wants me to help them train their dog? I know how to train dogs and bettas.

Last edited by Perry the platypus; 10-06-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #2 
teeneythebetta

I do!
What kind of dogs do you have? :D Do you have pictures?

I am having difficulty potty training my 13 week old yorkshire terrier, Buddy. I cannot crate train him because he cries so loud for so long that my parents get irritated and just take him out of the cage.
He does well sleeping through the night soundly, and has no accidents, he usually sleeps with me in my bed. But when i take him outside in the morning he goes potty on the concrete, and I clean it up. I give him a treat when he goes potty outside.
In the day time, he usually doesnt go outside, and he doesnt like the grass for some reason. He just stands out there and if I put him in the grass, he tries running back to the concrete. literally a few minutes after taking him back inside, he goes on the floor.
Sometimes he uses his pee pad.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #3 
cjz96

Hi! How would you train a dog to get along with others? My dog is very protective and will go after anything she thinks is a threat. She's usually a sweetie to humans unless she gets bad vibes from them. She usually just barks angrily at other dogs. Teeney, do you have a pic of yours? I love yorkshires! Here's a pic of mine:
Attached Images

cjz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #4 
teeneythebetta

cjz96, aww cute dog!!

Do I have pictures? AHAHHAHAH of course im a PHOTO SPAMMER!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #5 
registereduser

Going potty outside is about the only thing my dogs are trained to do They are a bunch of little heathens otherwise. I have a terrier mix, a chihuahua.doxie mix and a toy poodle. The poodle has got heart and lung problems. He's about 14 years old, we may have to make a decision soon
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #6 
Perry the platypus

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
I do!
What kind of dogs do you have? :D Do you have pictures?

I am having difficulty potty training my 13 week old yorkshire terrier, Buddy. I cannot crate train him because he cries so loud for so long that my parents get irritated and just take him out of the cage.
He does well sleeping through the night soundly, and has no accidents, he usually sleeps with me in my bed. But when i take him outside in the morning he goes potty on the concrete, and I clean it up. I give him a treat when he goes potty outside.
In the day time, he usually doesnt go outside, and he doesnt like the grass for some reason. He just stands out there and if I put him in the grass, he tries running back to the concrete. literally a few minutes after taking him back inside, he goes on the floor.
Sometimes he uses his pee pad.
I have a picture of Chokolate(border collie)and Blaze(German shepherd)on my profile picture.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #7 
teeneythebetta

Awww on the beach, how cute!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #8 
Perry the platypus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjz96 View Post
Hi! How would you train a dog to get along with others? My dog is very protective and will go after anything she thinks is a threat. She's usually a sweetie to humans unless she gets bad vibes from them. She usually just barks angrily at other dogs. Teeney, do you have a pic of yours? I love yorkshires! Here's a pic of mine:
Sure.(I do everything for free.) Lets start with learning body language so you know when to be careful. When your dog wags their tail wide you know their happy. If your dog wags their tail like a windmill then they are very happy. If your dog has its tail tucked under its bottom then it is scared. Tail wagging low is a sign that your dog is unsure of something. Upright tail or tail raised high is they are mad. So watch out I'll come back tomorrow for more.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #9 
teeneythebetta

Cjz keep in mind that it is difficult to get a dog-aggressive dog to get along with other dogs at an adult age.
Socialization is crucial when they're puppies, and if they dont properly get that, it is extremely difficult, sometimes even impossible to change them.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #10 
Firefly85

Just thought i would pop in and say hi, I have a saint bernard and my avitar pic is our golden dog or bull retriever. lol he is American bull dog golden retriever mix. our first mutt, who is in love with my daughter they are inseparable.
We have always owned large or giant breed dogs.
I could talk about dogs for days on end. I have had training experience as well as vet tech school, and i even belonged to a dog play group.
Firefly85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dog breeds, dogs, perry, perry spams tags, training