Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #141 
Ginzuishou

When I was a kid, I put my goldfish in an above ground swimming pool in the fall. The pool froze over in winter. In spring, amazingly he was still alive, so I caught him and put him back in the 10 gallon tank, but he died soon after.
Ginzuishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #142 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginzuishou View Post
When I was a kid, I put my goldfish in an above ground swimming pool in the fall. The pool froze over in winter. In spring, amazingly he was still alive, so I caught him and put him back in the 10 gallon tank, but he died soon after.
Sad he died but wow I knew they liked cold water and all Koi survive freezes like that too i read about a guy in new jersey who did that when he drained the pool of bug larvae and algae he caught the healthiest black molly he had ever seen.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #143 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Yup, and if someone did that to me, I'd let them have an earful. Ya's gotta be careful, especially with Moms. We don't take much from people, let alone strangers. I'm just saying, not nice to judge someone based on looks. She may have been someone having a bad day and just told her kid whatever they wanted so she could get home lol But on the other hand, yes she could have been someone who knew little, or someone who probably joined this forum shortly after getting it.
My mother puts up with me. I consider my mom patient. My mom is the mother of two children one who is a bit annoying with attention problems and still learning sociol skill ths other APD the one with attention problems is autistic the those kind of parents are very patient.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #144 
Hassled

"He stays warm cause there isnt enough water to get to cold" worst quote of the day.
Hassled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #145 
iElBeau

That's crazy! My LFS won't even sell me plants (marimo moss balls) until my tank was done being medicated and a water sample proved sufficient nutrients (due to a recent decline in all nitrates, ammonia, and nitrites to zero) lol.
iElBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #146 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iElBeau View Post
That's crazy! My LFS won't even sell me plants (marimo moss balls) until my tank was done being medicated and a water sample proved sufficient nutrients (due to a recent decline in all nitrates, ammonia, and nitrites to zero) lol.
actually that in my opinion is good medication can kill plants. For example if you put algae killer in there it would kill marimo. They seem to be caring for their stock well.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #147 
phoenix91

The problem is not only ignornat people but also ignorant lfs employees. My friend from overseas is planning on getting a betta after i showed her photos of my new guy. She's planning a 6 gallon tank which i think is great, however she went to the lfs and the guy recommended she put in neon tetras with her betta and some large snails. I've managed to talk her out of the tetras, i just think her new betta will be happier by itself. The guy at the lfs shouldn't be recommending these things, luckily my friend has now been directed to this site and is willing to learn.
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #148 
iElBeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
actually that in my opinion is good medication can kill plants. For example if you put algae killer in there it would kill marimo. They seem to be caring for their stock well.
Oh don't worry, I knew that, and I was asking for future reference at the store, but he assumed I wanted them right then, and was like "nooo! Not until your tank is all better" Lol. And I thought it was actually a great thing :P I wasn't complaining so much as shocked at the difference between great employees and the crap people are talking about here :P
iElBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #149 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iElBeau View Post
Oh don't worry, I knew that, and I was asking for future reference at the store, but he assumed I wanted them right then, and was like "nooo! Not until your tank is all better" Lol. And I thought it was actually a great thing :P I wasn't complaining so much as shocked at the difference between great employees and the crap people are talking about here :P
Oh sorry if I offended you but that is great when pet stores make sure the pets get good homes.