Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #1 
tanseattle

Cold Basement

Hello, I want to ask.

If you keep your tank in the cold basement around 50F, will the heater be able to keep the tank warm for the fish?

In addition, how much light is enough? I can set the time for 12 hours of light. Do betta need sun light? Will flourescent light good enough for betta to be healthy?

Thank you.

Last edited by tanseattle; 10-07-2012 at 05:14 AM.
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #2 
madyotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanseattle View Post
Hello, I want to ask.

If you keep your tank in the cold basement around 50F, will the heater be able to keep the tank warm for the fish?

In addition, how much light is enough? I can set the time for 12 hours of light. Do betta need sun light? Will flourescent light good enough for betta to be healthy?

Thank you.
MORE INFO PLZ!!!!!!

size of tank in liters
type of light tube you have
what wattage is your heater

by sun light i presume you mean uv light no fish do not need actual uv light however if you want plants they do

the amount of time you have the light on can vary to your needs in most aquariums people do not adjust the light timers to simulate the seasons so you can pick any season form the fish you keep and give the amount of light you like and the fish will just act like it is the respective season
madyotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #3 
tanseattle

MORE INFO PLZ!!!!!!

size of tank in liters--40L and 80L
type of light tube you have-1.2 Meter florescent light
what wattage is your heater 150-300 Watts

by sun light i presume you mean uv light no fish do not need actual uv light however if you want plants they do--good to know.

the amount of time you have the light on can vary to your needs in most aquariums people do not adjust the light timers to simulate the seasons so you can pick any season form the fish you keep and give the amount of light you like and the fish will just act like it is the respective season.

Is 10 hours of light a day and 14 of darkness ok for betta?
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #4 
madyotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanseattle View Post
MORE INFO PLZ!!!!!!

size of tank in liters--40L and 80L
type of light tube you have-1.2 Meter florescent light
what wattage is your heater 150-300 Watts

by sun light i presume you mean uv light no fish do not need actual uv light however if you want plants they do--good to know.

the amount of time you have the light on can vary to your needs in most aquariums people do not adjust the light timers to simulate the seasons so you can pick any season form the fish you keep and give the amount of light you like and the fish will just act like it is the respective season.

Is 10 hours of light a day and 14 of darkness ok for betta?

10 would be fine for most fish yes

your heaters are slightly over powered which is good they will do this with ease

i have a 150 liter tank with a 60 liter sump and only have a 150 watt heater so your deffinatly good to go there
madyotto is offline   Reply With Quote