Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #31 
Nicko

So that's what the bowl looks like now, he loves the plants! He looks so much happier around them ^^. Can't wait to set up the new tank! :) Once the new tank is ready I will show you pics. : ))
Attached Images

Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #32 
Nicko

Please help :(

So the aquarium arrived today i just finished it and i think the filter is too strong and my betta is struggling :( any ideas guys? i tried to put some sponge at the part where it sucks the water but It doesnt work :(... i turned the filter off untill i figure something out.. please somebody help me :S
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #33 
lelei

Hey Nicko, How are you, I love your tank, sorry to hear about the filter, I wish I knew what else to do, I unfortunately hate filters, as I recently had a bad experience with one of mine, and I have opted to use air stones, instead, but they even have to have the check valve for concentration of flow..there is a sticky on here for baffling filters.

Let me see if I can find it for you, although I hear the sponge works pretty good,..does it say the name of the filter that came with the tank?
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #34 
Nicko

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Hey Nicko, How are you, I love your tank, sorry to hear about the filter, I wish I knew what else to do, I unfortunately hate filters, as I recently had a bad experience with one of mine, and I have opted to use air stones, instead, but they even have to have the check valve for concentration of flow..there is a sticky on here for baffling filters.

Let me see if I can find it for you, although I hear the sponge works pretty good,..does it say the name of the filter that came with the tank?
Thank you! The filter's name is Tetra EasyCrystal Filter 250 Im afraid that the filter might suck my betta! :X that'd be awful!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #35 
Nicko

So I put some cloth on the part where the water comes out and t seems to be working! The flow is super weak now... the filter looks very ugly though :D ^^
Old 10-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #36 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Wow love it !!!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #37 
lelei

Here Nicko, I hope this helps, it's pantyhose that does the trick..

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=30139
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #38 
Nicko

Okay Thanks a lot!!