Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #1 
Foofykitty

Question Filters

Hi, im thinking about setting up a 5 gallon tank to got a super cheap deal on, it came with a under gravel filter which ive never used before. What are your expeirnces and opinions on them? And does anyone have a good filter to reccomend for a 5 gallon tank. Oh and i also have a fluval chi that im going to set up for my male betta. Anyone have experience with one of those as well? Thanks!
Foofykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #2 
jag14

I haven't used undergravel filters in years. I have a 3 gallon tank and I will be using a Azoo hang on back filter designed for desktop tanks. It is adjustable water flow so your betta won't get hurt by it. My tank came with a Whisper internal filter for up to a 10 gallon tank, it was too strong for my betta. Did fine for about 3 days, then came to work and found him sucked up under the filter. The whisper might be ok for your 5 gallon, but I am going with the Azoo filter. It is 8.09 on Dr Foster and Smith website.
jag14 is offline   Reply With Quote