Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #21 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot00 View Post
Though i cant understand why one would keep a cockroach as a pet, I do understand that if you decide to do it, do it good for /%#) shake.
Madagascar Hissing Cockroach
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #22 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Goldfish are extremely hard to care for I find. Little poop machines need large tanks, usually double filtration, and certain kinds like bubble eye and Moore can't have certain ornaments due to their buggy eyes!!

And people complain a CAT is too much work. I couldn't keep my kitty because someone screwed me over so bad I rehomed every single animal I had excluding only three fish. But I took it into my own hands NOT to let irresponsible people like a backyard breeder have my cat (to which I was cursed and yelled at for not letting her have my cat?)

Sorry to say but most people... Are dumb. "too much work for a dog" well... A dog is not a plant. And that said. Even plants need care. And so do fish. :/ I OFFERED a store who had two tall vases (16 inch high, and only 2 inch radius) with bettas, bowls. "no we're fine".
Some plants are hardier to care for than dogs. Many common aquarium fish are also food fish I have one. I say we team up with good Goldfish people and make a Betta and Goldfish proper care awareness group.

Last edited by Olympia; 10-07-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #23 
Sena Hansler

Lol :) well in approximately 3 years I will have my own fish store and I'll be promoting all the good things!! :) especially the fact that fish are equally if not more tough ;(
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #24 
agunn1231

going back tostate cruelty laws..i am glad to say after a little digging, here in colorado, the law states that "(2) "Animal" means any living dumb creature." which would thereby include fish, bugs, pretty much all pets.
agunn1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #25 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by agunn1231 View Post
going back tostate cruelty laws..i am glad to say after a little digging, here in colorado, the law states that "(2) "Animal" means any living dumb creature." which would thereby include fish, bugs, pretty much all pets.
Actually Bettas are pretty intelligant so are many fish.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #26 
Sena Hansler

"any living dumb creature" I work with some of those I don't think anything is stupid. Some may be... Ditsy (I had a betta named that lol) or more "off" but everything has a purpose... From the beetles, to the vultures, to everything else.

I remember my friend worked for a bird shelter. Which snapped necks of birds when they were overrun and the animals would die slowly and painfully. I have rarely met a shelter that REALLY cared.

ChoclateBetta: betta awareness lol :) I've sent out care pamphlets with rescue bettas and bred bettas, and have talked to some of those people - the fish do well and they learned things they never knew! Approach is everything
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #27 
agunn1231

i believe by dumb they mean a creature that cannot speak
Old 10-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #28 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by agunn1231 View Post
i believe by dumb they mean a creature that cannot speak
Not all people can talk look at Steven hawking.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #29 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
"any living dumb creature" I work with some of those I don't think anything is stupid. Some may be... Ditsy (I had a betta named that lol) or more "off" but everything has a purpose... From the beetles, to the vultures, to everything else.

I remember my friend worked for a bird shelter. Which snapped necks of birds when they were overrun and the animals would die slowly and painfully. I have rarely met a shelter that REALLY cared.

ChoclateBetta: betta awareness lol :) I've sent out care pamphlets with rescue bettas and bred bettas, and have talked to some of those people - the fish do well and they learned things they never knew! Approach is everything
By that do you mean I know my Bettas.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #30 
agunn1231

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Not all people can talk look at Steven hawking.
This is true, and he is quite smart, to further clarify the term dumb they use in the law doesnt mean stupid though.
Here's the definition of the type of dumb that is used in the law here, taken from the merriam Webster website
"Main Entry: 1dumb
Pronunciation: \ˈdəm\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German tumb mute
Date: before 12th century
1 a : lacking the human power of speech <dumb animals> b of a person often offensive : lacking the ability to speak
2 : temporarily unable to speak (as from shock or astonishment) <struck dumb with fear>
3 : not expressed in uttered words <dumb grief>
4 : silent; also : taciturn"