Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #131 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
Welp, it just popped up out of the blue when I was little, so it's likely genetic. To me, it doesn't matter as much with how I got something as how to deal with it.
Wow genetic that is extremely rare .3 percent of people who have it did you have the flu when you got it that is a cause.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #132 
pittipuppylove

I've never had influenza. As I said, it just showed up when I was in grade school.
Posted via Mobile Device
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #133 
agunn1231

I have ADD...been put on a lot of meds for it when i was younger, but when i hit high school i began abusing them, then decided to just get off them, also been diagnosed with depression.
I know i have severe anxiety even though i was never diagnosed. I have spent the last few years dealing with panic attacks, i have been really learning how to cope with it, which is helpful. before MR.Fishy died, when i would be having one of my panic attacks, if i could manage to get over by the tank i would sit in front of it and watch him swim around until i was feeling better.
I am allergic to milk protein, so i cant have anything that contains any for of dairy...it makes eating out or at other peoples house really tough.

I have some other quirks, not sure if they fall into any other catagory, for example, some things in regards to organization, like, not having to keep my house clean, i cant do that for the life of me, but my movies, m usic, and books HAVE to be in alphabetical order, if they arent, i freak out, I have even reorganized other peoples movies because it was upsetting me to see theirs out of order.
I have a lot of trouble with talking to people, cant go ask for help at stores, i would rather search for something for two hours than approach a clerk.
A lot of times when my girlfriend and i go out places, i just end up really getting in a weird funk, i will start feeling like i cant function or cant get anything done and stand where ever we are with a look on my face like "i have no idea what im doing or why im here." I can tell its really frusturating for her, but she puts up with it, but when ever it happens i feel really bad. Strangely the two places this wont happen is fish stores and plant stores.
I also have what like to call good days and bad days. by this i mean, there are days wher i feel fine and i can do things normally, and then there are days where i just feel like im in a fog, where i will get really upset and sometimes just start crying or feeling sick. Being a full time college student it is really tough to deal with it and gauge what will be a good day what wont, i think that is part of why i am taking my classes online this semester, last semester i stopped howing up half way through . TOday for instance, has been a bad day.

Well thats a little bit more about me. I have to say that this community is amazing, and one of the few forums where i feel completely comfortable being myself.
agunn1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #134 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I went off the meds because.of increased risk of drug abuse, and sciziperma also I was gaining weight too fast. My deppresionmakes me remember everything dies, and no one is innocent at times. I also remember we're everything ends up in depression. I technically do not have ADHD it is labelled asperger syndrome with attention problems which is pretty much the same thing. Glad you are off the meds.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 10-07-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #135 
agunn1231

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I went off the meds because.of increased risk of drug abuse, and sciziperma also I was gaining weight too fast.
yeah, i have bit of history with the first riskyou listed...also part of the big driving factor for going off the meds...havent dabbled there for a couple of years though.
agunn1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #136 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am now just at high risk for sciziperma.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #137 
MaisyDawgThirteen

@Perry, Depression is a chemical imbalance. You cannot simply "be happy", it it out of people with depression's control. It is the way their brain is built.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #138 
revolutionrocknroll

So, I'm not supposed to "promote" other forums. But the rules only specify linking...? So, any of you on wrong planet? (Sorry if I'm breaking the rules, I'm just curious.)
revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #139 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

See it a lot.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #140 
katydidmischief

I've got a myriad of issues: OCD, ADD, MDD, GAD, PDDNOS, EDNOS, and a seizure disorder that was brought on by medication. I'm trying to get healthy, but I think a large part of my newfound stability was having my cats and fish to care for.
katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote