Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: What religion are you?
Athiest 3 9.38%
Agnostic 4 12.50%
Roman Catholic 7 21.88%
Protestant 0 0%
Eastern Orthodox Christian 0 0%
Other Christian 6 18.75%
Sunni Muslim 0 0%
Shia Muslim 0 0%
Hindu 0 0%
Sikh 0 0%
Bhuddhist 2 6.25%
Taoist/Confusianism 0 0%
Shinto 0 0%
Wicca 0 0%
African Tribal Religions 0 0%
Pagan 3 9.38%
New Religious Movements (please name) 0 0%
Jewish 0 0%
Other (please name) 1 3.13%
I don't adhere to any specific religion 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #11 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Baptist too Drama Queen .
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #12 
babystarz

Another recovering Catholic (there's a lot of us). Now I'm an atheist.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #13 
TigerRegalia

I grew up Episcopalian Christian, but I never "got" it and always felt alienated from it. For a long time I was just floating; sort of non-religious, but at the same time I felt like something was missing. However, I've always considered myself a very spiritual person (not so much religious), so I recently started reading into Buddhism, and I *LOVE* it. I haven't fully accepted the formal label as being a Buddhist yet, but I am headed in that direction, as the more I read about Buddhism the more I can see that its values are already instilled in me.

However, for the functional reasonings of this poll, I voted Buddhist :)
TigerRegalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

I have always been an atheist. Never believed in God and have only been to church a handful of times because my mother's side of the family was religious and she used to do it out of respect for her dead mother.

I don't believe there is a God or any kind of omnipotent/omnipresent/omniscient force behind the creation of the universe and everything in it.

However, I respect the rights of others to believe in what they want as long as their beliefs do not infringe on my own. I felt sad when a religious group including several small children knocked on my door and very politely asked if I wanted to share a bible reading. I explained to them I was an atheist and that they should have a nice day and they actually looked surprised. I wonder how many people had hurled abuse at them previously.

I think you should always strive to be a good person and do right by others, no matter whether you are religious or not.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #15 
Tikibirds

I was baptised Lutheran and then Catholic to please both sets of grandparents. Honestly, I don't care for either.
However I do find buddism/shinto beleifs very intersting though

Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #16 
homegrown terror

Nordic/Germanic Heathen here. i believe in the Great Old Gods and draw a lot of my strength and confidence from my knowledge that they are there to guide me through life and help me find my place in their Halls when my time comes. i know that several times in my life, the only thing that's kept me going is my desire to see their pride when the Valkyries carry me home to rest, a fate i'd probably forsake if i gave up so easily.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #17 
eaturbyfill

I don't have a specific religion. I believe that there is some sort of higher power or system at work, but not like the stuff I've seen of religions thus far. Whenever I have to fill out an answer, I pick "Agnostic"
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #18 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
Nordic/Germanic Heathen here. i believe in the Great Old Gods and draw a lot of my strength and confidence from my knowledge that they are there to guide me through life and help me find my place in their Halls when my time comes. i know that several times in my life, the only thing that's kept me going is my desire to see their pride when the Valkyries carry me home to rest, a fate i'd probably forsake if i gave up so easily.
That religion sounds very interesting, I'd like to learn about it.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #19 
twolovers101

Technically I'm "non-denominational" Christian. I grew up in a Bible Church setting, and have found one I like in the town I currently live in.

My fiance and I believe in Love, and loving everyone no matter what their background/history whatever. We do our best to love everyone equally and have level heads when talking to people and discussing issues. We are very logic oriented, and honestly with us, you can be whatever religion you want, we don't care, we're still your friends and we'll do anything in our power to help you.

That's basically it lol
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #20 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
That religion sounds very interesting, I'd like to learn about it.
it's amazing. there is a god or goddess i can turn to for just about anything. they all have so much to offer, and all they ask for in return is that i carry myself with honor, valour and courage. the gods don't ever want to see me on my knees begging like a servant, but standing before them as a man.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote