Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #41 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The OP of the Betta "care" thing closed comments and said there is no miniumum tank and said he is entitled to several opinions.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #42 
jag14

Even wrong opinions?
jag14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #43 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Right.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #44 
prosthetik

One of the pet stores in my town sells 'betta tanks' that are only half litre [so about 0.13 gallons]. It makes me so so mad seeing them, especially when I look at my bigger ones, Flake & Richard & know that there's no room to swim around. Next time Im there [tomorrow] I'll take a photo & show you.

When I went to buy their new 5 gallon tanks this young guy working there said I only needed a small tank cause they dont need much care & my boyfriend said 'you should have seen the look on your face when he told you that'! I was nice & kept my mouth shut though.
prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #45 
nel3

i kep my VT in a .5g unheated for a few weeks with wc every 1-2 days f until i go a bigger tank for him. i fell for the betta myth regarding the tiny tanks also.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #46 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosthetik View Post
One of the pet stores in my town sells 'betta tanks' that are only half litre [so about 0.13 gallons]. It makes me so so mad seeing them, especially when I look at my bigger ones, Flake & Richard & know that there's no room to swim around. Next time Im there [tomorrow] I'll take a photo & show you.

When I went to buy their new 5 gallon tanks this young guy working there said I only needed a small tank cause they dont need much care & my boyfriend said 'you should have seen the look on your face when he told you that'! I was nice & kept my mouth shut though.
You have great self control I would have called them out.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #47 
prosthetik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
You have great self control I would have called them out.
Haha not always. My boyfriends mum wants to get his sister a Betta & mentioned yesterday about putting it in a small Betta bowl & I was like "no! it NEEDS a filter and a large tank if you want it to survive otherwise she has to change the water every day" - & I know what his sister is like, she wont look after it anyway.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #48 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I wish their was something that kept people not interested with fish away from fish like no one looks at me crazy because of my 10 gallon because everyone knows in my area fish aspie vs non-fish NT aspie wins plus I have a reputation of high intelligance in my area.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #49 
prosthetik

Yeah all the pet store owners around here give me weird looks when I tell them I have single Betta's in 4.5 gallon tanks. Theres only one lady in one store that realizes they should be treated like any other fish with their housing & she is always shocked by how much I've been telling her about them [which I pretty much all learnt from this site lol].

I want to work at our big pet store here, because they like to hire people who are trained in particular areas, & I know they don't have a Betta expert, but 1. I really dont think they'd appreciate me telling all the customers that NO, you CANT keep them in a half gallon tank & expect it to be happy/survive & 2. Im trying to get a promotion at my current work & getting a second job wont help that situation lol. :(
Old 10-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #50 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

They like me at Pecto the aquatic expert said they hire me when I am 18 also unlike many stores most employees are in there 30s they also regret being forced to sell bowls and the live food tank gets daily water changes and the Betta water is spotless the fish are great.