Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #14681 
teeneythebetta

RANT:

DOGS ARE FAMILY MEMBERS NOT LAWN ORNAMENTS.
End of rant.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #14682 
fishman12

^ Agreed.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:05 AM   #14683 
dramaqueen
Banned

*sigh* I wish my mom would get over whatever she has so I can go visit my friend in Indiana next week.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #14684 
thekinetic

What the heck is it with my family and gay jokes, it's like they are trying to tick me off!! It almost nonstop today and I could of just smacked them all!
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #14685 
BettaHeart

awww thekinectic *hugs* havent seen you in awhile and hoped you were safe and well.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #14686 
thekinetic

*Hugs back* I've been alright just kind of busy. :D
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #14687 
BettaHeart

thats good to hear. And as for family... well i was always picked on by family because I wasnt like them, what made everything better for me was being in another province it is harder because I have no family support but there are resources in the city I never would have received if I still lived back home.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #14688 
AngesRadieux

I'm so done. This week it's my mom's birthday and 25th wedding anniversary. So I've spent the last couple weeks figuring out gifts and getting wrapping paper and cards. The anniversary present was my biggest concern. It's 25 years. I wanted to get something special. So two weeks ago I commented to my sister that the date was getting close and we really needed to get something. I got a nasty reply of "well, what do you want me to do about it?" and I answered that we needed to go shopping and that I wanted to go some time that week. She insisted she had no time at all for almost two weeks. Yeah, right.

Long story short, I went without her and found an anniversary present. I told her that this was my gift to give and she could go get her own and forget about a joint gift. Predictably, she got pretty mad at me and told me I was being unreasonable. Well, I'm not budging. I have my cards and presents.

But I was at the mall with my mom today and she commented on a couple things she really liked. So I sent my sister a text letting her know that if she was looking for birthday ideas our mom saw stuff she liked at the mall. I told her what it was and said that if she wanted to go to the mall with me I'd show her. She didn't even bother answering. I sent her a "hello" text to try and get an answer, but she just ignored that one, too.

I'm just so done. Between her claiming she couldn't even spare an HOUR in the course of almost two weeks to go shopping with me, getting angry when I said I had gotten a gift from me and that if she wanted it to be from both of us she should've come, and now ignoring me trying to help her find a present because our mom's pretty difficult to shop for, I'm unbelievably annoyed. Especially since I know she's not doing something where she can't have her cellphone now. She's hanging at her boyfriend's house. She could at least pick up her phone and send me an answer.

And I know she's still expecting me to let her put her name on my cards even though I've made several trips to the mall and she hasn't come once! I got the anniversary gift first. Then I went back another time for a birthday present. And then a third time I was there and saw a really nice robe that was 50% off and ended up getting that, too. And the cards and wrapping paper was yet ANOTHER trip to the store. So she's had plenty of chances.

I wouldn't be this fed up if she'd at least given me some ideas. But nope! She just snapped at me when I asked for some and then told me my original plan to give my mom gloves for her birthday would just get me smacked. And it's not like she gave me any money towards a present, either. I'm just so tired of her pushing me aside, ignoring me, etc. and then expecting me not to be angry or do anything about it.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #14689 
MyRainbowBettaFish

here goes, and sorry if i come off as rude, just need to let this out of my system, i already said this on one of teenet's threads, but...

[b]i absolutely cannot STAND people that even SAY things bad about animals. animals are just like us, and they share the worl with us. they DESERVE respect and rights just like us, no matter how 'beautiful" or Pretty they are. They all have hearts, and are ready to give their love.

I cant even stand to watch those god-awful ASPCA animal abuse commercials, i have to change the channel.

To be honest, i dont even know how i'd react to someone actually abusing an animal. I do know i would go to GREAT lengths to teach that person a lesson the hard way, though.

Sometimes i think people should think about how these pets feel. With collars around their neck, people tugging on them till they cant breathe, restricitng their freedom. Rendering helpless by abuse.

Sometimes, maybe human-kind should just wear a collar and see how it feels.

Sorry to pour all my emotions out into this thread hhaa
But, this hopefully helps you guys learn in the furture how i can be when it comes to aniamls, and i dont take the subject lightly :)/B]
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #14690 
LyzzaRyzz

Sliced my thumb open today at work, to the bone, making a Caesar salad. *sigh*
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou