Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #1 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Help me please

So I have 4 different plants I am not sure what kind however I think one is dwarf hairgrass. The dhg is hea:thy and strong looking bright green all over I also have another super healthy one it is a beautiful green with little leaves, I have another one that has big leaves it was the healthiest one there but still has alot of brown spots. I also got a taller green one that looked healthier and was doing good untill my cat drug it out of the tank in the middle of the night the roots were still intact so I stuck it in the
pot again hopefully it lives. Any ideas what plants these might be? I will try post pics asap. We have dirt in the garden and alot of sand here how should I set up my tank? I also have gravel. I am awaiting a heater it should arrive very soon in a day or two. What temp should I set it at? I am so unprepared how do I care for the plants? When should I first clip them? They came in little plastic pots should I take them out? I have a pretty strong light that I will use. This is going in a 10 gal how should I set it up? help me!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

78-82F I am a Canadian citizen too.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #3 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Oh my gosh I didn't know you were in Canada! Thanks for the info any answers to my other questions?
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Not to the rest I am not in Canada but I was born there and hold dual citizenship in America. Without a Pontiac picture identification is almost impossible.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #5 
toad

We definitely need pictures of the plants to ID them.

If they came in pots, they are ~probably~ root feeders, meaning you can plant them as you would a garden plant. However, there are some plants that rot when planted and need to be floated or tied to drift wood or rocks. With root feeders, you are most likely going to need fertilizers, unless doing an NPT (do not attempt an NPT without having proper lighting - correct wpg and 6500K - as the system will collapse and leave you with a mess).

You don't need soil to grow plants - I've got tanks with gravel and tanks with sand and the plants will grow fine in either one, but will need root tabs or liquid ferts.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote