Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #11 
nel3

very nice betta, does he have a green shine to his body? mine hasnt had much colour change but he's doing well given the fin coverage that needs to be regrown. its cool to see black eyes, r atleast what seem to be solid black eyes. mine doesnt have a blue mouth but its more white than anything else.

its ironic, yours got more blue, my DT didnt really get any colour change but my blue marble CT is getting white fins though the body stays blue.

Last edited by nel3; 10-08-2012 at 03:03 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #12 
DragonFish

Thank you! ;)
Nope, no green really.....if anything he has a little purple to his body in person. xD He has more of a light, fleshy colored body and pale blue finds with splotches and specks of almost like a blue-jean colored blue. The flash on my camera just makes it all blend a little more and plays up the bit of iridescence he has.
Color-wise he seems just like a Blue Cambo to me, but he might marble later. xD I can't wait to see if he does or not.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #13 
Gryphon

Oh my goodness he is adorable! I absolutely love those blue lips!
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #14 
Onlyonagoodday

So many pictures! He's terribly cute.
Onlyonagoodday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #15 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Thank you! ;)
Nope, no green really.....if anything he has a little purple to his body in person. xD He has more of a light, fleshy colored body and pale blue finds with splotches and specks of almost like a blue-jean colored blue. The flash on my camera just makes it all blend a little more and plays up the bit of iridescence he has.
Color-wise he seems just like a Blue Cambo to me, but he might marble later. xD I can't wait to see if he does or not.
mine are the same colour as yours without any light shining on them. its only in the light the green comes out. ive seen such betta in stores that had some red highlights with that colour pattern so purple is quite possible. dont think its true purple but red blue mix is probably the case.

even my CT fins still have the blue green shine even when the fins look white without a light source. now 99% of his dorsal is white, 30% more of blue on anal fin is white and minimal more caudal has gone white on top half. my camera isnt cooperating atm but i do have the pics on it.

Last edited by nel3; 10-08-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #16 
DragonFish

Thanks!! xD Haha, yeah.....I take a lot of pictures. These were the best ones out of....90 pictures I think I took total?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
mine are the same colour as yours without any light shining on them. its only in the light the green comes out. ive seen such betta in stores that had some red highlights with that colour pattern so purple is quite possible. dont think its true purple but red blue mix is probably the case.

even my CT fins still have the blue green shine even when the fins look white without a light source.
Well...even with light or camera flash, there is definitely no green on this guy. xD Pretty sure there isn't any red either. Like I said, he looks like a Blue Cambodian, so his body is a fleshy color. Without light it looks a little more lavender-ish, which is what I meant by purple...xD
Is that the boy you're talking about in your Avvy? Hes quite adorable. :)
Old 10-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #17 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post

Well...even with light or camera flash, there is definitely no green on this guy. xD Pretty sure there isn't any red either. Like I said, he looks like a Blue Cambodian, so his body is a fleshy color. Without light it looks a little more lavender-ish, which is what I meant by purple...xD
Is that the boy you're talking about in your Avvy? Hes quite adorable. :)
that may be so but that was upon receiving him from transhipper. his tail is in pretty bad shape now.
his AB shot, followed by current pic. top quater of dorsal gone and had always been bent over like an Orca whalt
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...asdt1308397160

Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #18 
DragonFish

Oh wow, your boys do look quite similar to Little Doctor! How neat! xD Its such a pretty color. <3
Sorry about your DTs fins though. D: I still think hes adorable. xD
Old 10-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #19 
bettasareawesome

Oh my God he's so cute! I only wish I had thought of the name first. * Bows in your honor* Love him!
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #20 
DragonFish

Thank you!! xD
Haha, well my original name choice for him was Pond! xD But we decided he was spazzy enough that he should be called the Doctor.