Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #1 
AngelicScars

Talking Halloween 2012

Halloween is going to be here before we know it! What are your plans? Are you dressing up? What are you dressing up as?

We take the kids trick-or-treating (even though they are only allowed 1-2 pieces of candy total then the candy disappears). We let them go for the experience, they love it.
My oldest is going to be Boba Fett (he has been a Stormtrooper and an X-Wing pilot too, he just really likes dressing up as Star Wars Characters ).
My youngest has decided on being The Joker. We have custom dyed his suit and so far it looks pretty awesome. We found a purple hat at Goodwill for $1.50 that is going to go so well with it. I'm probably going to make some white spats to put on his black shoes to top off the look. He has requested red socks and gloves. I'm knitting the socks but the gloves we will buy.
My husband is dressing up as the main character on Videodrome. We managed to find the entire outfit at Goodwill. Score!
I'm going to be Harleen Quinzel (Harley Quinn before she went crazy) to match my youngest. I already have everything down to the blonde wig!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #2 
Freyja
Banned

Only 2 pieces of candy? Poor kids Mine has a party at school on the day of and she's dressing up as Princess Jasmine. We are only missing her shoes at this point to finish the ensemble. Candy at my house usually gets stored and recycled for trick-or-treaters the following year unless its chocolate or gummie anything. Hard candy is a no-no as is gum.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #3 
AngelicScars

Poor kids? Seriously?
Candy is junk, no nutritional value. My oldest doesn't even like candy or cake or chocolate. I don't get why people think kids=candy/juice/soda/crap foods.
They aren't unhappy. They don't beg me for it. They are happy and content with what they get.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #4 
MoonShadow

Halloween is my favorite holiday!! I don't have any kids and I live in an apartment on a busy road so no trick or treaters in any form this year. But I will be having a traditional Halloween dinner, with places set for deceased family members (a tradition in my religion) Since on Halloween (all Hallow's eve) the veil between worlds is the thinnest, and spirits are free to walk the earth for one night. White candles in all windows to help guide the spirits on this night! And of course some jack o lanterns for protection. After dinner we will have a cheesy horror movie marathon!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #5 
SparklE fin

I will be what I have been for the last four years. A pirate. I really like pirates. ARRRR
SparklE fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #6 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
Poor kids? Seriously?
Candy is junk, no nutritional value. My oldest doesn't even like candy or cake or chocolate. I don't get why people think kids=candy/juice/soda/crap foods.
They aren't unhappy. They don't beg me for it. They are happy and content with what they get.
Because most kids enjoy candy as do many adults. My kid has never had soda and only gets fresh juice, not that sugary crap that many claim is juice. Mine doesnt beg me for candy but isnt too put out when she gets it lol. Each kid is unique. Yours doesnt like candy or cake or chocolate *gasps a little at the chocolate bit* -I thoroughly enjoy chocolate so for me its inconceivable that someone, like my husband, doesnt like chocolate - and mine doesnt like junk food like nuggets or hot dog or pizza. Give her some fresh shrimp scampi with a nice alfredo or some rice anyday. btw did you ever rehome your boys?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #7 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
Halloween is my favorite holiday!! I don't have any kids and I live in an apartment on a busy road so no trick or treaters in any form this year. But I will be having a traditional Halloween dinner, with places set for deceased family members (a tradition in my religion) Since on Halloween (all Hallow's eve) the veil between worlds is the thinnest, and spirits are free to walk the earth for one night. White candles in all windows to help guide the spirits on this night! And of course some jack o lanterns for protection. After dinner we will have a cheesy horror movie marathon!
I love this!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #8 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Because most kids enjoy candy as do many adults. My kid has never had soda and only gets fresh juice, not that sugary crap that many claim is juice. Mine doesnt beg me for candy but isnt too put out when she gets it lol. Each kid is unique. Yours doesnt like candy or cake or chocolate *gasps a little at the chocolate bit* -I thoroughly enjoy chocolate so for me its inconceivable that someone, like my husband, doesnt like chocolate - and mine doesnt like junk food like nuggets or hot dog or pizza. Give her some fresh shrimp scampi with a nice alfredo or some rice anyday. btw did you ever rehome your boys?
I don't even give juice, but that's us. Kids wouldn't "enjoy" candy and junk if it wasn't given to them by adults.
I'm a fan of chocolate and candy bars, but I was started on that crap as a kid. I wish I wasn't though. So, I'm trying to do that for my kids.

I haven't been able to rehome them, but I've been doing the best I can to keep them happy!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #9 
Freyja
Banned

Well dark chocolate iiiiis good for you lol. I'm glad the boys are happy.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

It depends on how you're raised. I had a friend whose kids would go for fruit over a candy bar. They just didn't keep stuff like that in their house. Soda and candy were a once in a while treat when I was growing up but it hasn't stopped me from liking my sweets. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote