Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #11 
asukabetta

Now i'm getting a little worried, just is scales and a scratch he got on his head from a bad ornament >_> (my fault) but so far the tail hasn't seemed to have improved...

the order of the pictures is: 1 and a half month ago (when he first came in his bowl)

1 month ago

and yesterday 9th of october

Please tell me if there is an improvement, looks the same or worse, to me it looks the same if not worse, but im using small quantities of AQ salt (since last week)

asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #12 
sareena79

amazing tail! love the gravel too. I think u are doing a pretty good job based on the pix
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #13 
LizzyP

Has that black edge always been there? I can't tell if it's from his coloring or not. It might be fin rot.
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #14 
sareena79

it looks like it was there in all 3 pix but u can see as the pix progress there is more red in the tail which to me would be a good sign that the fins are healing and developing, but Im still a newbie so maybe someone else can chime in...
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #15 
whimsicalbrainpan

I'm a newbie but it looks like it is healing. My Bradbury is a biter. He has stopped for now, and while his tail is growing back it's taking a while.
whimsicalbrainpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #16 
ao
TFK Moderator

it also depends on water. Im beginnin to think with my hard water... my fish's tail will never grow back...
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #17 
Hassled

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
it also depends on water. Im beginnin to think with my hard water... my fish's tail will never grow back...
Depends on the fish I think, one of my girls lost nearly all of her tail fin in a fight and it was completely grown back in 2-3 days, however, in the same tap water, it is taking my male weeks to grow back a tiny part.
Hassled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:43 AM   #18 
ao
TFK Moderator

Yeah age plays a part too. but mine is young. my water just happens to be pretty hard....

their tails heal faster with softwr water
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:24 AM   #19 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyP View Post
Has that black edge always been there? I can't tell if it's from his coloring or not. It might be fin rot.

I thought that too honestly it's bee a question that I always had, but the black edge is just there and doesn't go anywhere, I ask some others who did think it was fin rot and I was suggested using AQ salt and medicine, but it's kinda always been there (I'm using aq salt), except where he was injured intially since they were fresh tail bite wounds. So i avoided the medicine and keep a close eye on his tail, but I think it may be his own natural color

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
amazing tail! love the gravel too. I think u are doing a pretty good job based on the pix
thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
it looks like it was there in all 3 pix but u can see as the pix progress there is more red in the tail which to me would be a good sign that the fins are healing and developing, but Im still a newbie so maybe someone else can chime in...

It's great that some people think so, honestly I agree, I kinda want as many opinions as possible, I do hope he is healing :D

Last edited by asukabetta; 10-10-2012 at 03:27 AM.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #20 
broncosfan84

I've heard that you can use Indian Almond Leaves or driftwood to soften the water. The softer the water the better the healing. He looks like he's healing well. Truely a beautiful boy. :)
broncosfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote