Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #11 
Leopardfire

He looks so cute. I hope he makes it. I would love to do betta rescues, but I just can't afford any more tanks!
Leopardfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #12 
Gracie8890

He is really cute! But he is so shy! The name crush kinda fits cuz.of that. U know when u have a crush and ur always shy around them :p lol. Ill post an update pic tomorrow! Im not going to be home tonite so lets see how crush does on his first night alone!
Gracie8890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #13 
Connierodz

I feel bad now!! I went to this new pet store and bought the most beautiful betta that i had ever seen...i im thinking why didnt i go to rescue one at walmart :( ....good luck with you new fish :)
Connierodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #14 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connierodz View Post
I feel bad now!! I went to this new pet store and bought the most beautiful betta that i had ever seen...i im thinking why didnt i go to rescue one at walmart :( ....good luck with you new fish :)
dont feel bed, I bought the healthiest one they had @ walmart, not b/c I didnt want to rescue the others that looked so sad and pathetic but b/c I didnt have enough knowledge at the time to do it right. either way u saved a life. all u can so is hope someone came and got the others before it was too late
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #15 
Connierodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
dont feel bed, I bought the healthiest one they had @ walmart, not b/c I didnt want to rescue the others that looked so sad and pathetic but b/c I didnt have enough knowledge at the time to do it right. either way u saved a life. all u can so is hope someone came and got the others before it was too late
But i did know..ive been wanting to make room for a rescue but..when i saw that betta i bought i forgot all about the fish at wlmart. Ill make room for one next month
Connierodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #16 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connierodz View Post
But i did know..ive been wanting to make room for a rescue but..when i saw that betta i bought i forgot all about the fish at wlmart. Ill make room for one next month
well Like I said, either way, u still saved one from a lonely life in a cold cup b/c eventually he would have ended up in the same shape. I have to remind myself all the time (b/c I take in stray cats & dogs all the time) that I cant save them all but every single one counts. u do what u can then u pray for the rest
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #17 
Gracie8890

Good news everyone! I came home from school today, and crushes bloat and swim bladder is almost gone! The epsom salts did the trick! Heres a new update pic for day 3 of our journey to recovery!
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #18 
Gracie8890

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  54.6 KBAnd heres one of him in his cup while i did a water change! You can see his colors and fin damage a bit more clearly now.and are those stress stripes? I can never remember which way stress stripes go
Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #19 
RandyTheBettaFish

Yah they are stress stripes. Glad to hear he's doing well!
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #20 
Gracie8890

Thanks! I thought they were stress stripes but didnt know for sure! Hopefully they will go away soon now that hes recovering! And theres also a change in his personality! Hes acting more like a betta now! When. I first brought him home he was shy, scared, and skittish of every little thing! Now hes more curious and even sometimes will come up to the front of the tank to see me!