Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #1 
lexylex0526

Exclamation Diagnose my betta?

My little baby Landin just isn't acting like all my other bettas.

For as long as I had him he has always been pretty lazy. By lazy I mean he is always laying in his clay pot, on the gravel or in his plastic plant. I figured he was just a lazy betta but then I realized he might actually have an illness . I'm not sure which one to be exact, maybe swim bladder? I assume this because when lays its almost vertical and at awkward angles (bended and such) also when he swims its really strange, like he is always tilted up.

Besides that he is a normal little betta. He never misses a meal and is such a cutie!

Please help me diagnose him, also let me know how should I treat his illness? (If its an illness? )

Housing
What size is your tank? 1 gallon
What temperature is your tank? 78
Does your tank have a filter? No
Does your tank have an air stone?No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with?none

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Omega one pellets /blood worms
How often do you feed your betta fish?2 pellets everyday plus a bloodworm every other

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? Every 3 days/ weekly
What percentage of the water do you change when changing it? 25% every 3 days, 100% weekly
What type of additives do you add to the water when changing it? Water conditionee
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #2 
freshwaterfishtips

How cycled is your one gallon?
-If not well cycled he may have ammonia poisoning, Ive seen this before a long, long time ago when I was in 4th grade and nobody told me I could cycle a tank without a fish. Sometimes this corrects itself with proper water and time. The fish I had, a white cloud, lived 5 years after that, although he always did swim odd. I regret not knowing.

Has he always swum odd?
-Something may have happened to his back

Other things-
This sounds a bit like swim bladder disorder, but it doesnt' sound like you're overfeeding him. Sometimes this will go away on its own.

Just some things to think about. But hey, it could be personality, too...
freshwaterfishtips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #3 
lexylex0526

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshwaterfishtips View Post
How cycled is your one gallon?
-If not well cycled he may have ammonia poisoning, Ive seen this before a long, long time ago when I was in 4th grade and nobody told me I could cycle a tank without a fish. Sometimes this corrects itself with proper water and time. The fish I had, a white cloud, lived 5 years after that, although he always did swim odd. I regret not knowing.

Has he always swum odd?
-Something may have happened to his back

Other things-
This sounds a bit like swim bladder disorder, but it doesnt' sound like you're overfeeding him. Sometimes this will go away on its own.

Just some things to think about. But hey, it could be personality, too...

Hes been swimming odd since Ive had him, maybe it is personality but I dont know. I thought the tank was well cycled so I dont think its amonnia.
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote