Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #1 
agunn1231

Agunn1231's thoughts and life events

Well, this seems like a good place to talk a little bit more about who I am.
My name is Alex, as I said in my introduction post. I have a few interesting hobbies, i am a college student.
So on to the thoughts and daily life...
The past Few months have been interesting, for a while I worked at a local night club doing promotion, but the place went out of business. In July my fish died, in August I built myself a computer, then started yet another semester at a local community college. I am studying business, taking online classes this semester.
I'm having a tough time with my classes but at least I am trying.
Fast forward to today. Today has been a tough day for me. I forgot to eat today because I was busy with school work, almost passed out. Got some food in me, and for the last few hours I have been feeling kinda sad. Not sure why, especially as I have guests over. Kinda being an introvert. Today Hallie, my girlfriend, and I worked on putting up Halloween decorations, there is fake spider webs everywhere, I thibk it looks kinda cool. Last night Hallie and I watched a whole lot of Supernatural, it's a good show, I had never watched it before.
I have some awesome Carnivorous Plants (CP's). The biggest one is flowering, at the worst time too, as it's getting less sunlight. I cannot wait to move, my lease is up in march but I think I'm moving in December. The place I'm at is WAY TOO SMALL FOR 2 PEOPLE FOR THE PRICE I AM PAYING. I pay 800 for 400 square foot studio, I can get a 1 bedroom of 700 square feet for the same price.
So that's my musings for the time being, sorry it's so random, I think very strangely.
agunn1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I feed my spoon leaved sundew Flihgtless Fruit Flies it kinda has a hard time eating them advice and good luck.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #3 
toad

Yeah, your rent is a little high - my roommate and I rent a 3 bedroom house with electric included for $800, but we're also in the middle of nowhere.

Would love to see pics of your plants! They sound awesome :)
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #4 
agunn1231

Indded the rent is high, granted i am right next to a grocery store and public transportation, but hopefully i will be to a more affordable place soon
Here is the prize of my collection of CP's. he's looking a little raggad as winter sets in...earlier he had so many beautiful pitchers
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #5 
agunn1231

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I feed my spoon leaved sundew Flihgtless Fruit Flies it kinda has a hard time eating them advice and good luck.
I had a sundew last year, i ended up having a hrd time with some of my plants, and finances and couldnt afford distilled water and lost about half of my collection, I currently have 4 Nepenthes and one Venus Fly Ttrap
Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #6 
toad

Oh, he's beautiful! I wish I could keep plants alive, ha ha. Right now I'm trying desperately to keep a Gerbera Daisy alive, but he doesn't look well :/
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #7 
agunn1231

just keep on trying! it takes some practice. I guess i have good luck with flowers. about 6 years ago i planted some cat nip in my moms yard. they are still coming up every year and growing huge! the cats love it though
Old 10-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #8 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Great but is the problem with my plants normal.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #9 
agunn1231

It sounds normal. some plants will have issue eating, my sundew was a bit slow to eat. It is hard to tell without seeing the plant. If you want I can PM you some good resources on sundews.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #10 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yes.