Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #21 
TheCrabbyTabby

I'll be sitting at home, handing out candy to all the trick or treaters, until precisely 8:30 when I'll shut off all the lights and pretend I'm not home so that the bigger kids won't hound me for candy.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #22 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Lighten up a bit! LOL Holidays are about celebrating, having fun, unhealthy food! I don't like when people give out fruit at Halloween.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #23 
TheCrabbyTabby

I remember that when I was a kid, there was this elderly blind lady whose house we had to go in to get our treats, which was an apple. I was so afraid of her, though I never showed it or treated her any differently than anyone else. I also never really ate her apples. I guess they went into the fridge and someone else ate them.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #24 
Jupiter

I reeeeally want to go trick or treating!

The only problem is I'm almost 22...Well, I don't have a problem with this, but none of my friends want to go with me (they're off clubbing and partying) and I doubt anyone will give me candy.

I have a younger cousin, I'm trying to get her to go with me. I'm gonna wear a white sheet, one of those typical ghost costumes...that way no one can tell I'm old lol
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

We never get trick or treaters here in my neighborhood. We did the first year we were in existence but not after that.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #26 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisyDawgThirteen View Post
Lighten up a bit! LOL Holidays are about celebrating, having fun, unhealthy food! I don't like when people give out fruit at Halloween.
.....and yet we wonder why there is a childhood obesity epidemic.....
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #27 
TheCrabbyTabby

Its strange, when I was a kid, there were all kinds of skinny kids like I was in my grade, and a couple of heavy seones. We have the same food then, as we do now. Nothing foodwise has changed, other than removal of trans fats and whatnot. Now there are all sorts of heavy set kids left and right. I blame the internet and all its evilness. Yet, I use it all the time. No wonder I am no longer as thin as I was a kid.

Seriously though, its not the food, its the internet. When I was growing up, I had dolls, the outdoors, and playing with my dolls IN the outdoors (okay, I also had board games, various other toys, and books for rainy days but that's besides the point). I remember many a summer evening running around catching fireflies and many days just plain running about to the point where I was dead tired at night.

Now a days, kids just sit around watching TV and playing around on the internet, not moving and not being active. Its not the food that's the problem here people, its the inactivity. If parents would stop texting each other on their smartphones and get off their lazy rears and get their kids up and outside every day, then childhood obesity wouldn't be an issue.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #28 
thekinetic

Eh I grew up long before the internet and was still fatter than holy crap, 360+ as a matter of fact O_O, I still found ways to be inactive not to mention the absurd amount of food I ate. I took it upon myself to remedy this by stop eating so much and exercising, well low and behold now I weigh 180 and yet people are always surprised when I tell them this. XD

I plan to do nothing on holloween except contribute to the epidemic o' fatness! X3
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #29 
ZergyMonster

The reason I have become larger than I was in high school is because I a got a car. I used to bike 5-10 miles a day to get to school and/or get to work. That got me in great shape and I was very happy with the amount of food I ate. Now I don't work out as much (I still do) but I still eat the same amount of food.

It has never been the internet's fault for causing fatness, it is the willingness of a human to get off their rumps and do something than to sit back and do nothing.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned

Things are definitely different now then when I was growing up. We were outside all the time doing something.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote