Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #1 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
What disease is this?

so um... King Dedede started darting (kind of lightly, I can't hear him do it) around the tank and flares at me, when he does, it's a full-on-flare and I see some red color on his right gill, there's also a golden color near and on his gills, it's not like a dust or anything, just golden-yellowish.

When he gets tired of darting, he leans against the tank, he looks pretty skinny, but I've been feeding him.

I also see.. black near his tail I detected and some of his tail has gone away, I think he's also suffering fin rot... MAYBE?

LTB said it might be internal parasites or something, but I think it might be something else because I see King Dedede's scales in a sunset orange color, but still, I think it also could be internal parasites, too...

I just feel like this is some kind of disease...
Old 10-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #2 
MyRainbowBettaFish

might be ammonia posioning. Are his gills red, inflamed(puffy) and is he having trouble breathing? Do a water change right away. Usually, this measn the tank isnt being cleaned as often as it should be cleaned
Old 10-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #3 
Laki

Sounds to me like ammonia burns. A rotting tail and rotting gills from dirty water. How often do you change their water?
Old 10-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #4 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
might be ammonia posioning. Are his gills red, inflamed(puffy) and is he having trouble breathing? Do a water change right away. Usually, this measn the tank isnt being cleaned as often as it should be cleaned
ok, he is having trouble breathing, but I can't do water changes often because my parents and work. my parents say "don't do it" because they say they're "busy" they care more about me than my bettas...
Old 10-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #5 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Sounds to me like ammonia burns. A rotting tail and rotting gills from dirty water. How often do you change their water?
uh... I'll go do a water change, pronto.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #6 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Keep with the water changes and he would be on the way to recovery. I truly hope he gets better.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #7 
Laki

The fish is YOUR pet, its YOUR responsibility. YOU need to clean the water, if that means disobeying your parents. Why are you home alone anyway?
Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #8 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoTheLakerBetta View Post
Keep with the water changes and he would be on the way to recovery. I truly hope he gets better.
but he is still darting, I even heard a small thud...
Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #9 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
The fish is YOUR pet, its YOUR responsibility. YOU need to clean the water, if that means disobeying your parents. Why are you home alone anyway?
*sigh* I know, my parents are very strict, I got hit today... I keep trying to sneak a water change but they always get me... also, I did a water change!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #10 
Little Leaf

I finished the water change last night, nothing changed...

UPDATE: King Dedede has gotten weird colors on his anal fin and it's now spreading to his tail! the ones on his anal fin were: orange, purple and pink. the purple has spread to his tail today. HELP!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
i like the hunger games, little creep, lol, this kid is crazy, yes i am very crazy