Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #50531 
djembekah

you can keep a dog who is about 14 pounds and a food long and eight inches high in a fenced yard. we never walk my dog. though she gets a lot of exercise running around our yard
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #50532 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
You can't just keep a dog in a fenced yard. They NEED to be walked, or exercised thoroughly every day to keep them enriched and entertained, and healthy. Also, I am a firm believer that a dog is a member of the family and therefor should in the house as a family member would.

Oh wait, are you just yanking my chain here?
I never said I wouldn't walk it. I would walk and play with it daily, otherwise, why get a pet if I'm not going to spend time with it? You're entirely jumping to conclusions, when I'm perfectly capable of keeping a dog happy.

I also have severe allergies to anything other than a very small rodent. Rabbits, cats, or dogs kept in the house make me terribly ill.

I disagree that it should be kept inside, and it won't be.

Especially since I want a dog the size of a boxer or lab.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #50533 
Laki

I do not like where this conversation can go as I have strong feelings about dogs left outside so I am going to go to another website and hope this doesn't go where it can go really fast. ttyl guys. Good night.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #50534 
Sakura8

Not all dogs need to be indoors as long as they get plenty of love in another form. Personally, I think labradors make awful housedogs unless you live in a warehouse. They're so big and clumsy and hyper. My neighbor's lab wrecks her house. That isn't to say you can't bring a lab indoors every now and then, I just don't think it needs to LIVE in the house.

Sorry, Laki. :(
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #50535 
eaturbyfill

I didn't know there were people who even thought all dogs needed to be house dogs, that's blimey ridiculous. The little ones? Yeah. A Saint Bernard? Retriever? Lab? Pit bull? Grey hound? Great Dane? No.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #50536 
TheCrabbyTabby

Actually, I had a friend who successfully kept two Labradors in her house. They were very well trained and well behaved. Its just common sense not to have breakable and valuable stuff laying around for their thick otter like tails to knock over when they wag them.

Also, my aunt has successfully kept two rather large and babyish mastiffs in her house. They were no trouble at all, besides the vet and food bills.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #50537 
Sakura8

Working dogs are often happiest when they're not indoors all the time. Although, Elizabeth, you might need to have some kind of backup plan to house the dog if it gets really, really cold in the winter. Like a heated doghouse or something.

EDIT: Crabby, trust me, this lab of my neighbor's is NOT well-trained. o.O He's psycho. Plain psycho.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #50538 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
I don't like dogs. I like fish and things I can put away when I get mad at them. xD
My brand new expensive sweat pants.
I love doggies, I still miss my sweet Sadie! :(

I love them so much I could be sneezing all day and I'd still keep them. My uncle's dog Ziggy makes me sneeze something aweful but I just ignore it and play with her anyways!
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #50539 
Sakura8

Haha, Kinetic. My grandmother's corgi was named Sadie. :D
Old 10-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #50540 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yep Mocha. No she's fearful and a person scared her and she pooped, has happened before when someone scared her.
I wish I could kick my dogs outside but they're already spoiled. >_> I ruined them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese