Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2012, 03:42 AM   #331 
Pilot00

Aye,

***facepalms laughing.

I can sort of understand this. Some people love with passion but their characters clash so much that they cant stand one another after a while.
Best avoid a relationship if thats the case. Or just keep it friendly and open.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #332 
Aus

Thanks, pilot & LBF. I don't often have, or talk about, this sort of problem so it's nice to get some words of wisdom on it.

You're 100% right, LBF, about the pretending thing.. this guy is The Great Pretender. A real a-hole. No, really. It annoys me that I am always giving him a chance to start acting like a decent human being and then he messes it up, over and again. I annoy myself more by letting it happen. If he would just quit doing that, we could get along and be really great friends, damn his eyes.

I am so sorry your parents had an awful breakup - their first 6 years as exes is very much, by the sound of it, like how it is between myself and Daughter's father, whom I cannot stand and would cheerfully drag behind a horse over ten acres of scotch thistles.

My answer to this is to avoid her Dad like the plague, so all that anger isn't spewing all over our house and on Daughter, who has had a hard enough time of it. I do hope one day that Super Deadbeatdad grows his fricken brain back and starts to once more passingly resemble the man I was married to for 16 years.... I doubt that will ever happen. But as mad as I am at him, I have to hope and remain open to the possibility of it, for Daughter's sake.

Pilot, it must by now sound like I sure can pick 'em... :D

Me and this guy I mentioned in the other post are just friends and have been for a long time now, it's just that he tends to not be very respectful or caring as a friend (though he was worse as a bf...). One of those charmers who is sooo charming and handsome you can forgive them almost anything -- to a point. I am just wondering if I am too far past that particular point these days to allow him to regain 'friend' status..

Really, if I am even having this level of doubt, it's an answer in itself, isn't it?

Anyways. Fish!!!

Speaking of dysfunctional relationships - Irish and Cole have this weird man-thing going on right now. Every night, Irish stands in front of Cole's tank and stirs him up, and Cole flares at Irish like a goon. Cole never does this for me. But the moment Irish steps up to the tank, Cole muscles over to stare at his "enemy" and flare at the ball of lint Irish uses to stir him up with. And it's obvious that both enjoy this moment of daily aggro immensely.

Men. They are weird, whatever the species.

Last edited by Aus; 10-10-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #333 
Aus

And as I haven't posted a poem in a while, here's a dysfunctional fish/love poem which I really enjoy (though all those parentheses are a little bit annoying):

(love song, with two goldfish)
by Grace Chua

(He's a drifter, always
floating around her, has
nowhere else to go. He wishes
she would sing, not much, just the scales;
or take some notice,
give him the fish eye.)

(Bounded by round walls
she makes fish eyes
and kissy lips at him, darts
behind pebbles, swallows
his charms hook, line and sinker)

(He's bowled over. He would
take her to the ocean, they could
count the waves. There,
in the submarine silence, they would share
their deepest secrets. Dive for pearls
like stars.)

(But her love's since
gone belly-up. His heart sinks
like a fish. He drinks
like a stone. Drowns those sorrows,
stares emptily through glass.)

(the reason, she said
she wanted)
(and he could not give)
a life
beyond the
(bowl)
Old 10-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #334 
Pilot00

Its....A little sad.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:02 AM   #335 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
Men. They are weird, whatever the species.
Thats the second time I had a chuckle with meself miss. Thank you very much!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #336 
birdielikestomatoes

I have to agree with both of Pilot's posts. I adored that poem, it was..bittersweet.

And yes, men are all weird, despite their species.

LOL at Irish and Cole, that sounds like a hilarious sight. Just something I randomly wanted to add; whenever you speak of Irish I always think of Irish from Red Dead Redemption.

birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #337 
Aus

LOL!!^

Well, you got the beard nearly right! Just make it ginger. :B

Ex Update: I have chosen to pretend I am incommunicado. Yes, I have the chosen the path of simple avoidance. Not the best solution, perhaps, but it's what I'm going with!

Betta Update: I'm moving Demyx up to a 3-gallon KK for a while, so he gets used to having more room before he gets his 8-gallon (the same kind as Aang, I'd like them to have matching NPT's eventually.. ).

Pleco Update: I cleaned the 55L tub out (it gets kind of poopy in there!), and found Omnom fat and happy, growing like a weed. I think HE might be a SHE.. but perhaps it's too soon to tell? I should probably look up at what age/size accurate sexing is possible.. Anyway, he and the Darwins are all still doing fine in the tub.

Daughter Update: 14th birthday in a few days! Plans for dinner with the Out-Laws, and a shiny new camera. Wants her nose pierced. I am pretending I've never heard of such a thing and therefore it doesn't exist.

Ostriches have the right idea, for sure!

(though explaining how it is that I myself have a pierced nose is getting kind tricky - I think I'm going with 'victim of alien abduction body mod procedure' or 'I fell over on a cactus'..)
Old 10-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #338 
Freyja
Banned

Did she get her nose pierced?
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #339 
Pilot00

Le sigh... Wish I could get a tatoo...

Also wish I had the financial backrgound to adopt a baby and have that sort of problems. :p

Well did she pierced? Some girls look way better with a nose piercing IMHO.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #340 
Pilot00

On a side note Aus, do you mind if I post a poem that really touched me? Its not about fish though.