Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2012, 03:54 AM   #1 
asukabetta

Unhappy Welcome Yuri and sorry halfmoon

"Hello my name is Yuri! I have sitting in a cup for almost a month waiting for someone to buy me. However I had to watch all the fancier, long finned bettas go before me... can't people see that even if i'm not fancy I had beautiful changing colors? Look how active I am! But the water was getting also very dirty, my gills hurt and my fins are also getting torn, maybe I'll never be bought... Oh what is this? Someone is looking at me!! And she is taking me home!!!"

"Right now I have a big bowl as my home with a wonderful live plant! I love sleeping in it, I feel safe in it... not like in the store, when I was scared I couldn't hide."

Welcome home Yuri :D

I went to the pet store with determination of saving the halfmoon betta that was chewing up most of his tail... However when I went there, most of their sad looking fish, injured and sick were mysteriously gone. I asked what happened but they said they got "sold" (yeah right...) and they had the cups full of new shipments and such, lots of people were interested in them except this one betta, Yuri, I've gone to the petstore often so I knew he was there for at least 3 weeks, and it wouldn't be long till the shop keepers deemed him "unhealthy" and "unsellable" and he would mysteriously disappear too.

So knowing the flashy bettas always sell I got this betta, he looks like his fins are a bit torn in places, but his gills are inflamated and red D: right now he is in my other betta's old bowl 2,5 gallon and healing up with a bit of Aq salt.

Any suggestions to treat inflamated gills is welcome!

Also feel free to tell me what color he is XD and what type of betta, looks like a plakat maybe?
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #2 
Laki

Welcome home Yuri!
How lucky :)

Plakat is a tail type, not color. SO he's definitely a HM as for color, give him a few days to come out.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #3 
toad

Adorable! Love him!

He looks like a Delta tail to me - that's how my newest boy, Atlas, looked when I brought him home, but soon he will open up his tail and show you how big and fluffy it is :)
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #4 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Welcome home Yuri!

Plakat is a tail type, not color. SO he's definitely a HM as for color, give him a few days to come out.
PK and HM are both tail types lol

He looks to be a delta :)

Congrats!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #5 
sunlight

Oww how cute!!! He is adorable :)
Just a few hints for next time when you buy live plants always quarantine it for a few weeks in the water . Plants can carry parasites or other disease.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #6 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Welcome home Yuri!

that is what i meant, as in its tail, and just curious what was hm mean D;
Old 10-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #7 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
Oww how cute!!! He is adorable :)
Just a few hints for next time when you buy live plants always quarantine it for a few weeks in the water . Plants can carry parasites or other disease.
yep thanks XD I had this plant for 5 days, doesnt' really count as a week or so but i'll have to make sure to be more careful next time
Old 10-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #8 
clopez1

HM means halfmoon
clopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #9 
Bettanewbie60

Aaaw..I'm so happy you brought him home! I look forward to seeing his progress..congrats to you both!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #10 
BETTACHKALOVE

for 2.5 gall if you can do 1-50 and 1-100% water changes or 2 x 50 and 1-100% water changes you really don't need filter. It just not necessary and if you not going to take right care for the filter it will do more damage then help.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote