Old 10-12-2012, 03:40 AM   #50581 
Tikibirds

Yoo Hoooooo!
It only took 5 minutes for the site to load
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:59 AM   #50582 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Woo morning all, gonna be a good day. Non uniform, teacher has pancakes for breakfast, going to the soup kitchen after school. Weeeeekend.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #50583 
Laki

dfhsb;aw var;wughb cramps.

side note and then I'll drop it. A labrador is a bad choice for an outdoor dog in a climate that experiences 4 seasons. I know this, the labrador originates in my home province (Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada). They can tolerate cold weather bc Labrador is a wasteland of cold in the winter. BUT they are a working breed and need to have a job to do. They are intensely loyal, smart dogs that require a family to be with. (guide dogs, health dogs (like the epilepsy ones) etc.. These dogs make great working dogs but a walk a day is not good enough. They are among the smartest breeds, therefore, leaving him outside overnight and in weather is IMHO a bad idea.
There is no need for you to disappear off the forum, Elizabeth. People are stating their opinions. It is why I left last night, I was tired and had some thoughts to say. But you will encounter opinion everywhere you go! I used to get offended at peopl judging me but learned that nobody will change their "judgements" unless they are spoken to and have YOUR side explained. Oftentimes it is a simple misunderstanding.

I agree there are dogs that can live outside better; Newfoundland dogs, Saint Bernards, Burmese Mountain Dog and the Kuvasz. These are big dopes who second as watch dogs (some are friendlier than others with strangers). Labs are classified in all the Kennels as a sporting dog, as a matter of fact. (Thanks Wiki!). I stand my ground on this matter but will drop it. I can see some dogs handling lonely nights outside better but IMO it's no better than letting your cat go outside unsupervised.
I may also be speaking with a bias based on the countless backwards hunters here who keep their dogs penned outside for hunting - http://www.beaglepaws.com/page-of-shame/ This is beagles in my province.

Not everybody who keeps their dogs outside is like this, I know that. But weather gets harsh and dogs are, by nature, social. Just research better outdoor breeds rather than a favorite and do both of you a favor..

okay. I'm done.

Ludendorff is going back to the tank today. I will clean his side of any remaining wafer when I get home. He's pooping and such now so I don't think the tank should be a problem. Plus, I think Bowser misses him, he looks mopey.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #50584 
TheCrabbyTabby

I thought we dropped this topic?
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #50585 
djembekah

ughj
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #50586 
TheCrabbyTabby

*le sigh*
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #50587 
Yuuie

*quietly peeks in*

afternoon all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #50588 
djembekah

interview in just a few hours

watching Sherlock...deciding what to do for lunch
Old 10-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #50589 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
No, Laki. This is my last time logging on.

You seriously think I would get a dog without researching different breeds? Wow. Screw you too. You all are seriously messed up elitists. What, you and Crabby and everyone else think you're the only ones with a working brain??? I didn't think you were mean, Laki.

I thought this was a place I could be accepted. I get crap all the time in real life, I don't need it on here, too. This is my last time logging on. Goodbye.
No one here was being an elitist just offering an opinion on how to keep dogs, and everyone always has an opinion. It's a shame you took it so personally but if you need time to cool off fine but do come back when you do.

On a side note while others and even I disagree, you can keep a dog outside. My friend did and from him I learned a bit, you need to give it someplace warm to get into for instance he had a dog house with tiers that allowed the dog to go up a ramp and around a corner where he put some straw for warmth. Honostly it worked just fine and the dog was happy and healthy just the same as an indoor dog. But one thing he always made sure to do was keep it's flea and tick shots up to date and had a flea coller on it just to be safe.

Like I said do come back when you cool off!
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #50590 
djembekah

fvjdaskl;lk
i cant wait till this interview is over
but i really hope it goes GREAT

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese