Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #11 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
help, he's now lethargic, no darting, but lethargic!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #12 
Alcemistnv

I still don't get how a betta can change colors like that without it being lnked to a disease/problem.

I think he has ammonia burns because the water is not being changed enough . I know there was already a huge discussion on another one of your threads in which he explained that clean water is a VERY key factor in caring for a fish.

If you can't supply that and you're fish is suffering, you might be best in giving him away.

But you need to do full water change EVERY day with AQ salt for the injury. If there is parasites, which it sounds like, you are going to need another medicine for that.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #13 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
I still don't get how a betta can change colors like that without it being lnked to a disease/problem.

I think he has ammonia burns because the water is not being changed enough . I know there was already a huge discussion on another one of your threads in which he explained that clean water is a VERY key factor in caring for a fish.

If you can't supply that and you're fish is suffering, you might be best in giving him away.

But you need to do full water change EVERY day with AQ salt for the injury. If there is parasites, which it sounds like, you are going to need another medicine for that.
I'm not allowed to give away my bettas...

and I don't know where to buy AQ salt, I know I need another medicine...

I don't know what's up with the colors, his scales turned orange-ish... near the tail.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #14 
Laki

(pms talk again..)
You're letting your fish die. In fact, you're encouraged to let your fish die. Please, wait until you're grown up before getting ANY more pets.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #15 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
(pms talk again..)
You're letting your fish die. In fact, you're encouraged to let your fish die. Please, wait until you're grown up before getting ANY more pets.
my mom got them for herself then I was forced to take care of it because...she wouldn't do it herself...

err... nevermind, I'm just gonna do what you said- Don't get anymore pets
Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #16 
MyRainbowBettaFish

i am sorry your family hits you. But please, rehome the poor baby! if you can, give him maybe to a neighbor? Maybe you should talk to local law enforcement if your are being beaten, but i cannot tell you what to do.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #17 
LeoTheLakerBetta

I hope he makes it and I understand your position
Old 10-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #18 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
i am sorry your family hits you. But please, rehome the poor baby! if you can, give him maybe to a neighbor? Maybe you should talk to local law enforcement if your are being beaten, but i cannot tell you what to do.
I CAN'T REHOME, I'M NOT ALLOWED!! I'M REALLY DEPRESSED. (sorry for caps lock)
Old 10-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #19 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoTheLakerBetta View Post
I hope he makes it and I understand your position
thanks, I feel a little better, I'm getting a 10 gallon with heater and filter (and possibly a divider...) for my birthday...
Old 10-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #20 
Reefing Madness
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
(pms talk again..)
Not being helpful here. She was forced to take care of the fish, help in this direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
i like the hunger games, little creep, lol, this kid is crazy, yes i am very crazy