Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #1 
caljamsam

Exclamation Boy escapes to the other side

Dag nab it I changed the whole water in the small tank my two boys share (with a thin glass partition of course.) Dag nab it don'tcha know they're happily swimming around in there for a couple of hours. Meanwhile I forgot or just didn't care to replace the pomegranate holder that usually rests inbetween there. So what does the wry boy do? He wiggles inbetween the partition and the wall to get to his playmate!

Thank goodness I was RIGHT there when he wiggledSo I run over there and stick my hand into the water just before the boy rolls up to the other boy and I break up the fight. Luckily they didn't touch each other or I would have had a catastrophe on my hands here. So how is YOUR day going?

Last edited by caljamsam; 10-12-2012 at 08:46 PM.
caljamsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #2 
LeoTheLakerBetta

LOL that happened to me once. I set up a divider wrong and this fiesty halfmoon got to the side of this little Delta Tail who looked so frail.. I'm not as brave as you, so I ran to get a cup and I quickly cupped before anything went down. A good save though on your part.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #3 
Fin Fancier

After showing my new boy a mirror for the first time today I've decided he should never go in a divided tank. The mirror was only up for a couple minutes but he flared and patrolled his tank for a good ten minutes once I took it away. If I ever do a divided tank I'm definitely going to double divide. What does the pomegranate holder do?
Fin Fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #4 
caljamsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin Fancier View Post
After showing my new boy a mirror for the first time today I've decided he should never go in a divided tank. The mirror was only up for a couple minutes but he flared and patrolled his tank for a good ten minutes once I took it away. If I ever do a divided tank I'm definitely going to double divide. What does the pomegranate holder do?
It's a thin strip of blue I cut from the whole. I place a slice of it between the divder and the tank wall. I used to use two strips, however they seem to play well with one. It works a lot better than the celluloid sponge I had in there before.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #5 
caljamsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoTheLakerBetta View Post
LOL that happened to me once. I set up a divider wrong and this fiesty halfmoon got to the side of this little Delta Tail who looked so frail.. I'm not as brave as you, so I ran to get a cup and I quickly cupped before anything went down. A good save though on your part.
I don't know what you're scared of. Thanks for the thanks.