Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #21 
kc0vbl

Yeah, I saw the betta water today for the first time. They didnt use to carry it. I did not get it, I do the same as you Allanira. I just added more water to the tank so he can move around more if he wants to. I am gonna steal the heater from the other tank. I dont have another cause I didnt think I was getting a fish today. He just looked to pitiful and like I said, I am sure no one else would have bought him.

I dont have any salt at the moment. Will it hurt him if I do not get it until tomorrow, or is there an alternative?

Should I try to feed him a few bloodworms? I certainly understand not feeling good when your sick and I do not usually eat much either. I do not know if they over feed him or he did not eat cause there was food in the water that was in the stupid container they sell them in.

The medications I got for him are:
Beta Care Kit to condition the water
Jungle Fungus cleaner fizz tabs
Melafix Fish Fist Aid
and API Stress coat

I have used the conditioner, the stress coat and the fungal clear. I do not have lots of water in there for him yet so I used just a tiny amount of all of it since it is rated for 10g tanks.

Should I leave the tank with just water in it for now and not put in the gravel and other stuff?

Thank you all for your replies. It really is helping and I have a bit of hope now.
kc0vbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #22 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0vbl View Post
Yeah, I saw the betta water today for the first time. They didnt use to carry it. I did not get it, I do the same as you Allanira. I just added more water to the tank so he can move around more if he wants to. I am gonna steal the heater from the other tank. I dont have another cause I didnt think I was getting a fish today. He just looked to pitiful and like I said, I am sure no one else would have bought him.

I dont have any salt at the moment. Will it hurt him if I do not get it until tomorrow, or is there an alternative?

Should I try to feed him a few bloodworms? I certainly understand not feeling good when your sick and I do not usually eat much either. I do not know if they over feed him or he did not eat cause there was food in the water that was in the stupid container they sell them in.

The medications I got for him are:
Beta Care Kit to condition the water
Jungle Fungus cleaner fizz tabs
Melafix Fish Fist Aid
and API Stress coat

I have used the conditioner, the stress coat and the fungal clear. I do not have lots of water in there for him yet so I used just a tiny amount of all of it since it is rated for 10g tanks.

Should I leave the tank with just water in it for now and not put in the gravel and other stuff?

Thank you all for your replies. It really is helping and I have a bit of hope now.

use some stress coat, and i think he will be fine untill you get the AQ salt tommorrow. daily water changes will stress him. You can try the bloodworms, but if he dosent bother with them dont add more. Maracyn is suppossed to be good for fungus,.
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #23 
kc0vbl

The Melafix is for bacterial infections. I have not used it yet as I do not want to over medicate him. If I should though I will if you all think it is a good thing.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #24 
kc0vbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
use some stress coat, and i think he will be fine untill you get the AQ salt tommorrow. daily water changes will stress him. You can try the bloodworms, but if he dosent bother with them dont add more. Maracyn is suppossed to be good for fungus,.

How often should I change the water then?
Old 10-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #25 
Luimeril

anything with '-fix' at the end is.... iffy to use. some have success, some have horrible stories. i stay away from it all together. 8I

you could PM OldFishlady and/or Sakura an ask their advice. :V
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #26 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0vbl View Post
How often should I change the water then?
i say every other day. Like others said, Melafix is Iffy.

I have used it on severe fin rot, 1/4 the dose, with AMAZING effects. If you use the full dose, it can cover the bettas labrynth organ and restrict air flow.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #27 
kc0vbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post

I have used it on severe fin rot, 1/4 the dose, with AMAZING effects. If you use the full dose, it can cover the bettas labrynth organ and restrict air flow.
I think I missed what you use. I took another photo I will try to upload. As there is more water he is moving more to get to air and I can see that he is basically covered with the fungus from head to tail end. Oh the poor baby. Is it in his gills?

This will show you how ignoratnt I am about the anatomy of these fish, but where is the labyrinth organ and can this fungus be hurting that? I did know they had one (didnt know the name).

My other 2 bettas are wonderful Happy and healthy (well they look that way to me) and have been 'trained' that whenever I come by the tank they think they are going to be feed. And the Azoo filter works great! Crystal clear water!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #28 
Luimeril

labyrinth organ is inside, and i don't think the fungus could hurt it. it's kinda like our lungs, in a way. x:

it's possible that it's in/over his gills. x: poor baby. ;3; i hope he gets better.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #29 
MyRainbowBettaFish

the labyrinth organ is what allows bettas to breathe air.

I was talking about Melafix haha
Old 10-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #30 
kc0vbl

Fungus

These photos are trying to show how he is covered from head to tail end with the fungus.
Attached Images