Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #21 
LebronTheBetta

Yes, if there's anything wrong externally, treat him with aquarium salt. It's 1 teaspoon per gallon and you'd have to do 100% daily water changes for 10 days.

If you can't even change the water, he'll die. If you think he's suffering too much, then euthanize him. It's to end his suffering from this life.

How's Equinox anyways? I'm still pretty mad that you got him instead of getting Dedede a better tank. :l There are no excuses of taking care of any animal. They can't take care of themselves so you will have to do it.

If your parents want you to take care of the Bettas, then why do you get in trouble by doing water changes?
Old 10-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #22 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
eeeee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Yes, if there's anything wrong externally, treat him with aquarium salt. It's 1 teaspoon per gallon and you'd have to do 100% daily water changes for 10 days.

If you can't even change the water, he'll die. If you think he's suffering too much, then euthanize him. It's to end his suffering from this life.

How's Equinox anyways? I'm still pretty mad that you got him instead of getting Dedede a better tank. :l There are no excuses of taking care of any animal. They can't take care of themselves so you will have to do it.

If your parents want you to take care of the Bettas, then why do you get in trouble by doing water changes?
Equinox was also my mom's idea, fyi. and he's doing good, the euthanizing part gave me a small headache, but I'm ignoring it.

trying to get AQ salt, I think I may not be able to get it, I might have to euthanize King Dedede... secretly...

and about the water changes... i don't know...
Old 10-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #23 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
nevermind, the darting's back!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #24 
LebronTheBetta

Are you sure? I remember you said you had $20 but you used it for Equinox since you we're so "excited".

Whatever you do, don't freeze him to death or chop him up. Worst scenarios ever. You might be too inexperienced for this so this should be a last resort.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #25 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Are you sure? I remember you said you had $20 but you used it for Equinox since you we're so "excited".

Whatever you do, don't freeze him to death or chop him up. Worst scenarios ever. You might be too inexperienced for this so this should be a last resort.
yea, I'm sure.

my mom owes me $40
(mommy, gimmie my $40 )

also, ok.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #26 
Laki

I would not recommend you to euthanize him willy nilly. You might probably torture him instead.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #27 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I would not recommend you to euthanize him willy nilly. You might probably torture him instead.
I know, I wouldn't ever do that.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #28 
LebronTheBetta

So you won't euthanize him if he's suffering? You could always buy clove oil and a disposable container. But then again, you might go astray with the directions and end up torturing him with oil. :/
Old 10-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #29 
MyRainbowBettaFish

this scenario is so disappointing to me, that i cant bear it. I want to cry, seriously.

Good luck, i will be unsubscribing from this thread, and i am sorry LittleLeaf that this has happened.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #30 
Alcemistnv

Just to keep track of the thread, these are the options:

A. Treat both problems by buying medication and cleaning the water 100% everyday.
B. Don't treat the problem but still do 100% changes per day
C. Rehome him.
D. Euthanize him
E. Keep to the old routine with little water changes and let sickness take him

Those are the options.

Whichever one you choose is up to you.
Closed Thread

Tags
i like the hunger games, little creep, lol, this kid is crazy, yes i am very crazy