Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #21 
homegrown terror

here's an idea for a business that would have pretty much NO chance of making money whatsoever, but people would love it: Loach rental service. if your tank is infested with snails, but it's not big enough to host a shoal of loaches, they loach rental team comes in, puts them in your tank, and then picks them up once they've dealt with the problem.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #22 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea, no way. Too many diseases to spread.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #23 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Ooh wanna hear about my latest business? Well I want to start a fish store called Fancy Fish It would be like the biggest betta store ever! I would sell all kinds of snails, plants, and of course betta fish! the smallest tanks for sale would be 1 gals then 5 gals would be the next smallest because 1 gals I find are the best sized hospital tanks. I would try sell stuff for as cheap as possible to convince people to buy the proper equipment. My store would carry all kinds of shrimp and snails and lots of bettas. I also would offer live foods and starter cultures. Bbs would also be available. I love the idea of having natural planted tank kits too! All my bettas would be bred by me of course. I would hire staff who have a clear love for fish and they would be properly educated before I even let them sell a thing. Plants I would have like 3 huge natural planted tanks so one tank would have easy to care for plants then advanced plants then plants that are hard to grow and are more fragile so people can always have a challenge. Seeing as there are no shows in Canada I would totally hold monthly shows to try promote bettas (I would have classes special for v tails too) All this and so much more! I can't wait untill I am old enough to start this lol. Oh and I would also have courses that go over caring for bettas, showing, breeding, determining quality of bettas and marketing them, treating illnesses, and of course a rescue team that would raid our local petstores of ill taken care of bettas. I can totally see people going into petstores and secretly testing staffs knowledge and seeing the condition of bettas then reporting back to an office. Hello squat team lol. Sorry but I have been dieing to tell people my plans lol.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #24 
MyRainbowBettaFish

No kill animal shelter for all animals,like teeney said

it would specialize mostly in horses, mules, and exotics
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #25 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Of couse your job would have to do with equine animals lol I love them too myrainbowbettafish.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:53 AM   #26 
Tikibirds

I would like to run a bed and breakfast out of an old Victorian aged or older mansion. Everything would be authentic like it would of been in the early 1900's - Except there would be indoor bathrooms. But everything else would be original. Or maybe a Renissance themed village...again, everything would be designed like it was back in the 1500's. Kinda like a mix between colonial williamsburg and a Ren Faire.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 10-14-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #27 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Except there would be indoor bathrooms.

toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #28 
Rosso1011

Open up an auto performance shop. One similar to the idea frazzle had. Be able to go to work on making automobiles faster, making them more efficient, beautiful, customized perfect machines as the car god would have intended.

I also would like to open up a shelter for women and children who need to escape emotionally and/or physically abusive relationships (yes, I would do the same for men as well but the two shelters would have to be separate).

I would also like to open a temporary safe house for individuals with mental health issues where they can go to feel safe, maybe get help with trying to get back on track with managing their treatments, and also temporary house people who aren't necessarily diagnosed with mental illness but are possibly on the verge of an emotional/nervous breakdown.

I want to try to have a place that can intervene quickly to prevent hospitalization. There are so many good organizations out there that are trying to help but some of them just can't offer help or intervene fast enough.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #29 
rubinthebetta

Hmmm....probably a betta fish rescue type thing. I get so mad when I see or hear about betta fish being abused.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wouldn't mind having a pet sitting business. I walk dogs and take care of cats for neighbors now. And I am so underpaid. $5 a day to make 3 trips to a house to feed 1 cat, scoop the litterbox, give medication and bring in the mail.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote