Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #50721 
Laki

Gammon has been dead.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #50722 
djembekah

awe i'm sorry :( i think both the new nerite snails i bought are dead too. my original two are fine though.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #50723 
bettasareawesome

It's been raining all weekend and with today and yesterday the raing gauge is nearly at 2 inches.

Has anyone ever tried rain water for a fish tank? If anyone has how well did that work?
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #50724 
Laki

Pollution in the atmosphere prevents me from wanting to even try that. I don't know if you collect and filter it.

Oh no Bekah! What is it with these nerites!! Poor things. Can only imagine the kind of treatment before sale. Held with even less regard than goldfish and bettas. Gammon was attacked by assassin snails I think so he took days to die, his insides were liquefyed and poured out of his shell. Then Ludendorff, like a starving dog tried to eat what was left...
Old 10-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #50725 
Silverfang

poor thing.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #50726 
Laki

Anyone else just watch Felix free fall from 128'000 feet??
Old 10-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #50727 
BettaQi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Pollution in the atmosphere prevents me from wanting to even try that. I don't know if you collect and filter it.

Oh no Bekah! What is it with these nerites!! Poor things. Can only imagine the kind of treatment before sale. Held with even less regard than goldfish and bettas. Gammon was attacked by assassin snails I think so he took days to die, his insides were liquefyed and poured out of his shell. Then Ludendorff, like a starving dog tried to eat what was left...
Sorry for poor Gammon.

May he have a wonderful reincarnation!

Several folks n the planted tank collect rainwater after a couple of hours and use it.

They test the water and add Prime just in case for heavy metal binding.
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #50728 
TheCrabbyTabby

Really? Someone else dared to defy all common sense (and most likely for record breaking and adrenalin high purposes) and launch themselves from a hot air balloon at the very edge of Earth's atmosphere? Joseph Kittinger did that for aeronautic research purposes back in the 50's. He even had a leak in his pressurized suit, in the glove area, which caused him to be in pain that was beyond excruciating. He jumped from a staggering 102,800 feet in the air. That's like 10 miles up. He fell for an unheard of 4 and 1/2 minutes. The sheer speed he endured while falling actually made him pass out, but his automatic release mechanism, a safety precaution, deployed his chute at just the right time, and he floated safely to the ground.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 10-14-2012 at 01:45 PM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #50729 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yay only 6 more things left on my weekend to do list... Will probably take until 10pm though. Blarg.

I switched Gilbert and Maja. I figured she'd make better use of the space than the old man and she's loving zipping around.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #50730 
Laki

Yes that guy. He did it in 1960. This guy today fell from 128'000 feet at over 700mph. He did not break the previous record for free fall as his parachute deployed but he broke the record for highest drop and fastest drop.
He was trying to break the record for falling at a pace faster than sound or something. We turned it off before we could hear that part. I'm waiting for the editing and ceremonies to be done so I can just watch the fall from his chest cam.

Thanks about the words for Gammon. He was a nice little snail. I think I chose him badly though at the store. I really liked his dark shell pattern but he was always slower and lamer than Milly. His mouth was always a bit darker, so he might have been old too.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese