Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #14691 
TheCrabbyTabby

I did something similar while cutting a cantaloupe. Went to slice it into quarters and ended up with a knife blade in the back of my index finger, right above the joint after the knuckle, right to the bone. I am lucky it didn't go into the joint.

Somehow or another, I didn't make it to the emergency room soon enough and had to let it heal on its own.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #14692 
Shirleythebetta

I'm a finger slicer too. Did it on a blade at work when repairing a box machine right to the bone. Another scar is on the same thumb where I sliced peeling potatoes with a potato peeler. Yes a potato peeler that is supposed to be safer...
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #14693 
ThePearlFish

I accidentally sliced part of my knuckle to the bone when opening a glass ampule of medicine at work once. I def. had to go to the ER for that one o.O

They glued it up though and over time it got strong again.

My rant is for myself. WHY ARE YOU SO NOT SMART WHEN IT COMES TO CHEMISTRY AND MATH!!! :(
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #14694 
TheCrabbyTabby

Bah, I say. Bah to Chemistry and Math. They are the spawn of all evil, at least in my eyes they are.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #14695 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Bah, I say. Bah to Chemistry and Math. They are the spawn of all evil, at least in my eyes they are.
Mine too!.... but i have to do them for my degreeeeee!!! -bawl-
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #14696 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
here goes, and sorry if i come off as rude, just need to let this out of my system, i already said this on one of teenet's threads, but...

[b]i absolutely cannot STAND people that even SAY things bad about animals. animals are just like us, and they share the worl with us. they DESERVE respect and rights just like us, no matter how 'beautiful" or Pretty they are. They all have hearts, and are ready to give their love.

I cant even stand to watch those god-awful ASPCA animal abuse commercials, i have to change the channel.

To be honest, i dont even know how i'd react to someone actually abusing an animal. I do know i would go to GREAT lengths to teach that person a lesson the hard way, though.

Sometimes i think people should think about how these pets feel. With collars around their neck, people tugging on them till they cant breathe, restricitng their freedom. Rendering helpless by abuse.

Sometimes, maybe human-kind should just wear a collar and see how it feels.

Sorry to pour all my emotions out into this thread hhaa
But, this hopefully helps you guys learn in the furture how i can be when it comes to aniamls, and i dont take the subject lightly :)/B]
There is a fine line between keeping a pet and abusing a pet. I mean if you were to see me walking my old dog sadie you would have seen her with a collar and mabey coughing but only because she was pulling so dang hard at the end of the lead. At home we never kept a collar on her.

But there is only so much you can do when taking care of a pet, sometimes you can only sit and watch helplessly. Though there are some clear acts of abuse such as starvation and beating, not to be confused with putting a pet on a diet or a training smack (as a light tap when house training a dog).

And, though you may not like it, you have to respect someones choice to hunt/fish or wear animal fur/leather. Actually believe it or not hunters and fisherman usually have a great respect for nature and the preservation of wildlife and habitats. Like I fish but I don't use lead sinkers or barbed hooks for sake of the waterways and not harming the fish, and anytime I find tangles of line or trash near the water I pick them up and throw them out.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #14697 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
There is a fine line between keeping a pet and abusing a pet. I mean if you were to see me walking my old dog sadie you would have seen her with a collar and mabey coughing but only because she was pulling so dang hard at the end of the lead. At home we never kept a collar on her.

But there is only so much you can do when taking care of a pet, sometimes you can only sit and watch helplessly. Though there are some clear acts of abuse such as starvation and beating, not to be confused with putting a pet on a diet or a training smack (as a light tap when house training a dog).

And, though you may not like it, you have to respect someones choice to hunt/fish or wear animal fur/leather. Actually believe it or not hunters and fisherman usually have a great respect for nature and the preservation of wildlife and habitats. Like I fish but I don't use lead sinkers or barbed hooks for sake of the waterways and not harming the fish, and anytime I find tangles of line or trash near the water I pick them up and throw them out.
I agree with you. As long as it isn't clear cut abuse its fine. There are leash laws people have to follow and sometimes an owner does everything in their power to stop a dog from pulling. Yes dogs are trainable but they have their Own personality. And yes people that fish or hunt respect their catch. I know some hunters that follow native American traditions when they hunt. If people didn't hunt or fish ethically we would be overrun with potentially dangerous wild animals in a few years time. Now if only hunting people were legal...
Old 10-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #14698 
dramaqueen
Banned

Why the heck can't anyone figure out what is wrong with my mother? She's been sick for over 2 weeks now.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #14699 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I agree with you. As long as it isn't clear cut abuse its fine. There are leash laws people have to follow and sometimes an owner does everything in their power to stop a dog from pulling. Yes dogs are trainable but they have their Own personality. And yes people that fish or hunt respect their catch. I know some hunters that follow native American traditions when they hunt. If people didn't hunt or fish ethically we would be overrun with potentially dangerous wild animals in a few years time. Now if only hunting people were legal...
Worse than being overrun hunters keep the deer population down so they don't outgrow their food source and starve. Of course some animals are invasive species and pose a threat to other animals and crops such as prarie dogs and wild hogs, those they hunt for safety reasons.

I make it a point to say a prayer for anything I catch or kill and I never take trophys because it is disrespectful to them for the honor and to the tradition of the hunt. When I catch fish I follow the tradition of kissing the catch before releasing it. X3
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #14700 
Shirleythebetta

That's kinda cute. The natives had traditional ceremonies they did to honor the life of the animal and thanking it for giving its life. I was raised with a few of these traditions since its in my heritage but I won't write them on here since it would be hard for some people on here to swallow.

Tags
bettathanyou