Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #11 
jaela

So beautiful! I love that driftwood as the central piece, it's such a beautiful shape. *-*
jaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #12 
Thunderloon

Male guppies come with female guppies or they'll terrorize the female betta.
Generally one more girl guppy than boys. I've never had the girls be bothered by Buck the molly.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #13 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahG View Post
Thank you Also: very nice!

I like the fish that are sort of facing the camera, but not straight on, haha.

I'm curious, what all do you have in there plant-wise? If I'm not mistaken there's anubias and the tiger lotus (of course), some swords, and...? One looks a touch like water wisteria, but I'm not positive if I can identify that because the wisteria we sell at work isn't actually water wisteria (regardless of assurances that it is: it looks nothing like it).
You have it all right so far, A few I think might be small amazon swords but I'm not sure yet and there are also 2 java moss but they aren't doing well.

Quote:
jaela
So beautiful! I love that driftwood as the central piece, it's such a beautiful shape. *-*
I love that drift wood so much :D It was only like $15 from the reptile section at petsmart, I bought it about half a year ago and put it through the sanitation cycle in the dishwasher(no soap of course).

After I sanitized it I used a dull knife to dig out any soft wood. When I was setting the tank back up I scraped off any parts that were getting soft again and made some of the holes bigger so my suicidal girls wouldn't get stuck.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #14 
NoahG

Sweet I wish I knew of a place to get some java moss around here...I wonder if an LF/LPS would be able to order some...

Another question I forgot to ask: is there only one piece of driftwood in there? Or is that a second piece off to the right side of the pic?
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:28 AM   #15 
copperarabian

I returned the flora light to petsmart and brought home a full spectrum daylight light. I had another bulb under my tank(I took it out for the flora light) and it's also full spectrum, but it's made in china and the new light is made in Germany. I noticed immediately that the two lights are very different, the one from china is pinkish while the German light is more like bright sunlight.

first the full spectrum light, then below I'll post the flora light so they you can see the difference. I like this new light so much better, now I can actually tell my aquarium light is on when my room is bright during the day. Also the flora reminded me of a coral reed light. I'm also thinking about getting another piece of driftwood because the left side looks petty barren. Another thing I need to do is get my Anubias in the shade.

Last edited by copperarabian; 04-26-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #16 
angelus2402004

did you say that you used Pond root tabs? If so, what kind and how have they been working?
angelus2402004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #17 
copperarabian

I'm using the type pictured below. They're really big so I cut them into smaller pieces so there the size of the root tabs your buy for aquariums.
My tanks a low light tank so I had to remove all the high light plants, too many tannins in the water lol My anubias to very good and grow fast(one even got a flower) and my crypt is doing pretty good. I also have a Lilly that grows very quickly.

Here's a photo of my tank, compare how much bigger the anubias to the right is.

Root tabs
Old 10-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #18 
angelus2402004

cool thanks for the info
angelus2402004 is offline   Reply With Quote